Tattoo worry?

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Guardy1991, Jan 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone. I have a slight worry about a tattoo I've got on my left forearm. It says 'Pride in Battle'. I had it done before I applied for the Army but i'm thinking the Corporals at basic might think I had it done just because i'd applied. Not too arsed if I take abit of sh*t for it but wouldn't want my muckers to get it aswell, heard a story of a guy turning up at depot with a para reg tattoo and the platoon he was in got beasted so much for it one of the lads ended up kicking him down the stairs to get him MD. Not sayin thats gonna happen over mine but still like I said bit of a niggling worry.

2. just wait till you see some of the other "naff tats" your new brothers in arms will be sporting. your fears will all be quashed

3. You're already Welsh so maybe perma marker the B into a C?

4. I'd be more worried about getting a beasting for being a Man City supporter

5. I'm not actually a city fan haha its an embarassin story. I saw it on Ricky Hattons back and simply thought it looked like a smart tatt not knowing that it was citys motto...I'm still trying to live it down.

6. I can see how that'd be funny, getting beasted daily for being a Man City supporter when you're not, well funny to every one watching that is hahaha.

7. You just made me snort tea from my nose :)

8. I like your thinking haha.

9. Tell people you grew up there and were on the Britain in Bloom committee. Get a tattooist to add a few begonias and maybe a pansy or two to support your tale.

10. 127-hours-310x390.jpg

Go on, you know it makes sense.

11. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

A chap I was at school with thought it would be a great idea to have his Air Cadet Squadron's emblem inked on his arm. Unfortunately the Squadron's emblem is a winged zebra in exactly the same pose as the Para's Pegasus. By all accounts it didn't go down well when he turned up for basic. He lasted 6 weeks.

Fair play to him though, he became a body builder, got massive and gave it another crack a few years later, presumably no one fucked with him second time round because he was bigger than Arnie. I think he ended up in the cav.

[​IMG]

12. if your that worried about it heat up a butter knife under the grill and burn it off

13. Not THAT worried haha.

14. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Or you could simply have 'gay' put in front of it and say you had it done at last year's march which was held near Hastings.

15. Surely that Tottenham Yid crap you have as an avatar should be more of an embarrassment than anything else.