Tattoo Policy

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Lollymittens, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have applied for a job within the RAF and have been knocked back at the first stage because I have a small tattoo (latin phrase) that runs down the side of my left hand from my knuckle to just past my wrist. I have been told that I would have to have this removed (even though I salute with my right hand?!?!) Bloody frustrating seen as the US Army can relax these rules in order to get much needed soldiers through the doors. Anyway, my question is, seen as it can take 6 months to have it removed, would I be able to continue with my application on the understanding that my tattoo WILL be removed, or will I have to wait until it has completely gone before I apply again? :x

2. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Why didn't you ask them that when they deferred you? Was it a deferral or an outright 'no'?

3. I didn't actually speak to them, they called and spoke to my husband while I was at work! I need to call and discuss tomorrow, just wanted some direction in the meantime...

4. You sound like a quality chick. :roll:

S'pose that'll learn you to draw on your body in the name of 'fashion'.

5. It says Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam... means I'll either find a way or make one.

And as for the sarcastic comment above... I've not met anyone that doesn't like it, judge yourself before others, it's hardly brash

6. Maybe you're not much needed.

Oh, I don't know about that...

Click me

What the fuck?

7. And to think I joined here because I thought people were willing to help!!! Never mind....

8. Ask on e-goat......that's the RAF forum what with this one being for the army and all. (hint is in the title love)

9. Ignore them Lolly, they are uncultured and don't understand the clevernessof getting inked in. Flash passed out on the table of a tattooist when he got his panther put on his arm, they couldn't finish it off do to his pain, so they turned it into a slug.

I also have a tattoo on my hand, it says 'Five knuckle boarding party, apply within'

I've also got one on my forehead, it can't been seen because I were a beret. That says 'Dulce et decorum crevice lik mi helmut'

Not related to forces entry, have you ever had an expensive vase smashed directly on the brow of your head?

10. This isnt RAF, its an Army forum and theres loads of tattoo info if you just search.

"(even though I salute with my right hand?!?!)"

Classic...

11. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Roughly:

So removal and then try again, I think. Talk to the recruiter though as the above obviously pertains to the Army rather than the RAF.

12. Well that was just foolish. I believe there is a teeeeeeeeeeny tiny box that you have to tick on the application form that says "I have read and understand the army's policy on tattoos"

This does demonstrate that you didn't fully research what was required of you.

And assuming that you'll get any help for an application to the RAF in an Army forum is just thick.

13. Albeit sarcastic... thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.