Tattoo on neck

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Stokie1, Dec 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I hope you can help. I want to join the army as soon as possible . I have 3 small stars tattoed on my neck behind my ear and was wondering if this would bar me from entry ?

I have searched Google and am yet to find any sensible answers, I come across a mixture of people saying nothing on the neck or hands is allowed but I see other posts which say small neck tattoos such as the stars I described would be ok. I also know a fair few lads still serving in the army who have tattoos on their neck which are quite big but i dont know if they got them after they joined.

I know the best place to find my answer would be the AFCO but they dont open untill January 5th 2011 and was looking for an answer before hand. I also have a koi forearm sleeve that I believe wouldnt be a problem but its the 3 small stars on my neck behind my ear that I'm concerned about.

Thanks in advance
  2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Unless things have changed, which they may well have, if you have tattoos before you join then so be it, but not a bar to entry.
  3. From the Application Guidance Notes on the Army website

4. Cheers lads, appreciate the quick replys, I take it from the above quote about the size being a factor that its not so much the location thats important any more, and seen as my stars (on my neck behind my ear) are small Im assuming this wont be a problem.

Thanks again
  5. I'm not a recruiter so don't know, the only way you'll get a definitive answer is to go to the AFCO and ask.
  6. Its all on a case by case situation depending of the size and how much it stands out, you have to see the Recruiter who will then get advice from his Senior Recruiter who may then have to get special enlistment authority (203) from the Caseworker SO2. After that once your at ADSC on your medical the SMO may have the final say......having had someone similar recently with small stars all went well but as said its case by case.