Tattoo on hands advice, with picture.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by jaymz, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys, Im due for a visit in the army careers office in the morning to discuss joining, I have a few tattoos, and ROCKSTAR written accross my fingers. But straight to the point, will this be frowned upon? I will be gutted if so. I heard the Army was a bit lighter on its tattoo policy these days and only tats on the neck and face were a bit...urgh. So heres the pic, let me know what you think.

[​IMG]

2. ive just taken this statement out of the AFCO form.

12. Tattoos Tattoos that are offensive, obscene or excessive in size or number will be a bar to entry or re-entry. Tattoos should not be visible on the head and neck and may be a bar to entry when on the hand. If you have any you may be asked to complete a form describing your tattoos. They will be seen during your medical examination.

I suppose its down to whoever is examining me on the day, and weather or not they like them. Shame really.

3. Its a really shit tattoo

• Like Like x 8
  4. Looks quite tasteful...

5. I know mate im f#cking gutted ive had it.

6. Mug

Mug Clanker

Not the end of the world you can get them removed.

7. If it is a bar can you not get it removed? (Laser or whatever) Painful and expensive but if its the only way it could be the only option if youve got your heart set on joining....

edit... mug beat me to it.

8. It's December... just keep your gloves on.

And see if you can get it removed. Isn't some sort of fluid you just 'tattoo' over the tattoo now? If it looks ropey, the fact you are trying to get rid could help.

9. as we speak im looking into it, but its expensive as hell. If I get knocked back tommorrow, I will definatley think about forking some quid out to do it.

10. Why get such a pants tattoo in the first place, I would consider laser removal, certainly would limit the trades you could apply for in the Army.

11. Mug

Mug Clanker

Alternatively you could change the words to COCK STAB! good luck whatever you do!

12. Just grind them off with a sanding disc.

13. BAHAHAHA!!! You fuckin' plum! :)

Whereabouts are you based? I know a fair few tattooists and might be able to recommend somewhere for laser removal if you don't fancy having the piss ripped out of you forever and a day.

Rockstar, honestly...

14. Quality tat! I love them! Good effort I say.

Just invest in some expensive womans make-up concealer stuff.

15. I live in Swansea

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.