TASO scheme documentation / policy

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, May 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Can anyone point me in the direction of the official documentation / policy for this?

2. Good question MSR as I have never seen any. We just nominate those that are suitable and they crack on, with some input from ourselves.

Going to ask the obvious have you tried the Adj or Glasgow???
  3. msr

msr LE

What actual benefits do you use to sell this to OCdts?

Is there any advantage to being a 'TASO', rather than just finding someone who has an interest in the TA after Uni and sending them invites to gucci weekends and dinners>

4. We offer them the best of both worlds they attend our Bn/Coy weekends so get a flavour of proper solidering in amongst the sections or as section comd, but they also attend the OTC weekends. If I was young and stupid and had this when I went through the system I would have jumped at it.

Not sure how different it is for you but but we don't really have to find anyone, they find us. Currently as a Coy we have 8 going on 9 TASO/TAPO OCdT.

We also don't have to see it most of them see the benefits early on with the system, but it is made clear which weekends are mandatory
  5. Althogether now....

6. 51* has a policy, I'll plonk a copy of it in vital ground. But effectively a loose policy focusing on liaison and mgmt between the unit the TAS and the OTC. Just started our first TASO in a few years last nighrt so testing the ground here too!
  7. My bold, but am a loss as to what you mean. But if you have acopy let me know
  8. It's in the OPD submit documents area
  9. Now I am having a dumb/blonde moment and am really confused :? :?
  10. From the frontpage of armynet, click on the resources tab and select sharepoint, once you get into sharepoint you will find vital ground as one of the restricted communities of practice - happier about sharing stuff in there than randomly across here.
  11. Cheers will have a walk over there
  12. msr

msr LE

It strikes me that we could end up providing MTDs and admincon for the TASOs, with little / no visibility of what they are doing - indeed we are third in their list of priorities for training.

Also, they would be paid less than the OCdts who were not on the scheme.

13. Yes that can be the case regards MTDs and Admincon, some I have pestered constantly to intervew and find out their current standing in the system. It took an age i I think they were happy to float on the gravy train of countless MTDs and a choice of weekends.
    In my new role I have a better grip of the little scrotes and some are having to work and answer to people. But if they are serious about a commission they must demonstrate it.

MTDs in this current climate are getting fewer and each and every one will soon need justifying. Yes we may be third but if they want their sponsorship continuing then they need to justify their existence.
    Harsh as it sounds if MTDs are tight and I have a bloke wanting to go on JNCO Cadre or SCTC over a TAPO/TASO wanting to do 2 weeks hill bimbling drinking and cheese rolling and isn't going to commission for 6 months then JNCO Cadre/SCTC wins every time
  14. msr

msr LE

So are we better making them 'honorary members' of the unit and inviting them along when it suits them and their unit?

15. msr

msr LE

Many thanks!