Taser guns

If you remember the Polish man killed at Vancouver airport, there was another one killed in Vancouver two days later. He won't count in the taser statistics though, as he died from a combination of baton, spray and taser. That one wasn't filmed, so I bet you haven't heard of it.

Just be careful if caught out and having a pee you might be tasered and you know how electricity and water don't mix, you might end up having a number 2 in your jeans

Taser's great. It makes Guardsmen out of people. They stand to a rigid attention instantly. (then fall over a bit)

Just done a TASER course excellent bit of kit, course was good lots of vids of yanks and canuks tasering each other during training. We won't be deploying it with unarmed officers, my station and another London station will be trialling it for the MDP but I think the force will go for it nationally. Its not as training intensive as a baton gun which is currently in operation for less than lethal options (as well as pava, batons etc) Just pointing at someone and switching on the laser dot sight will make the most belligerent of people comply if not 50000 volts will do the trick.

Why not? I am sure that if you stop when they tell you to, or put the baseball bat down, or the bottle or knife they will not taser you........

Just out of curiosity, what are the statistics for injured Bobbys where something like a taser would have made the difference?

Regardless of the incidents that have caused death, it's still considered non-lethal and much less damaging than either a gunshot or baton to the head.

I have been on a shield team and had to fight a bloke that had been tasered 4 (yes, 4) times. The prong fell out every time, thereby preventing the current from 'arcing'

I agree it can be a good bit of kit, but I would in no way put 100% faith in it. It's how you talk to 'em.........

JINGO

War Hero
Book Reviewer
ghost_us said:
Just out of curiosity, what are the statistics for injured Bobbys where something like a taser would have made the difference?

Regardless of the incidents that have caused death, it's still considered non-lethal and much less damaging than either a gunshot or baton to the head.
This kind of information is not generally collected and if it is it isnt analysed. The Senior Management are way to busy scraping every last detection out of us to be concerned about Bobbies being injured. Mind you they will phone you at home if you are laid up by an assault, usually to warn you that your crime enquiries are out of date and your figures dont look good etc.

JINGO

War Hero
Book Reviewer
marco_poloroid said:
I have been on a shield team and had to fight a bloke that had been tasered 4 (yes, 4) times. The prong fell out every time, thereby preventing the current from 'arcing'

I agree it can be a good bit of kit, but I would in no way put 100% faith in it. It's how you talk to 'em.........
MP,
Im with you on this it is good in certain circumstances, but its application is limited and if you dont use it with that in mind i think people will get hurt. Too many people see it as the answer to every violent situation and think it is a "silver bullet" it aint and giving it to all and sundry would give us more problems than it solves. The less confident among our ranks could start to rely on it a bit too much.
As you say its the way you talk to them!!!!!!