TA's big countdown??

Do More. Be More. - British Army Website

Anyone got a scooby what this is all about?? Seen the TV advert thought id look online for shits and gigs. One thing for certian is its not the countdown to that big "summer sporting thingy that the TA's is playing in" or is it..... :)

Anyways anyone in the know??

Mince.

I, for one, haven't got a clue so will have to wait 8 days, 3 hours and 52 minutes....

I suspect that it is no more exciting than the launch of some kind of multimedia recruiting campaign. Expect the usual shots to be wheeled out of STABs cammed up in the field, roaring through the countryside in various vehicles, drinking in the bar etc. Oh and of AT. HAHAHAHAHA. Sorry.

I did have to laugh when it said 'will say exactly what the TA is all about'. They have obviously been reading the Telegraph thread then!

And have any STABs been issued PCS yet? I had to stifle another giggle when the other half directed my attention to the telly the other night showing various alleged part timers on screen in the new rig. I thought we were just behind the cadets in the queue and due to get it at some point around 2020.

Do More. Be More. - British Army Website

Anyone got a scooby what this is all about?? Seen the TV advert thought id look online for shits and gigs. One thing for certian is its not the countdown to that big "summer sporting thingy that the TA's is playing in" or is it..... :)

Anyways anyone in the know??

Mince.
Maybe a MP did read my post in 4 Lancs and has put it into action:thumright:

H U G E Recruitment drive. We're all sat with a stack of joining forms and black biros and the TALO's are in place at the ACIO's currently filing their nails waiting for the influx. Oh the joy....

Attachments

No doubt the TA's entire 2012 allocation of helicopters, pyro, smoke and blank ammunition will have been expended in the production
Thought the same thing myself, I've never seen so much ammo and pyro on a TA exercise, his unit must have spunked the years training budget on that ex.

Thought the same thing myself, I've never seen so much ammo and pyro on a TA exercise, his unit must have spunked the years training budget on that ex.
Keystone 87 we all got 10 rounds only once we'd been dropped off at our position by the Weser. We also got told that anyone that used it would wish they hadn't.

Roll on 12 days, I haven't fired a round and we get to the Bedfords ready to move to the start line ready for the final push and endex the next morning.

Suddenly we are stopped and issued boxes of blank, smoke, schmooleys, mini flares, belted blank etc. Back on the wagon and we are off. The GPMG bloke in the cupola spots a BBC outside broadcast landrover, then an ITN one. Suddenly all hell is let loose.... Ambush!

More explosions than a Bierut wedding and all strangely coinciding with BBC & ITN news showing up. With pretty much all unexpended ammunition taken away immediately after, we did the final attack shouting bang as usual......

No wonder I am such a cynic.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
1 Miscellaneous Jokes 27
E The Intelligence Cell 4
E Current Affairs, News and Analysis 20