Tartan Jocks in Para Smocks

If you are in Glasgow today, watch out for the old and bold from 15th Scottish Battalion The Parachute Regiment parading. Celebrating the 70th anniversary of the raising of the battalion in Glasgow by the legendary Alastair Pearson. Service at Glasgow Cathedral 12.00 followed by march past and parade to George Square. Followed by civic reception in the Concert Hall. I will proudly be donning my maroon lid again and marching with some awesome men.

Last edited:
Have fun mucker, don't get too hammered! :drunken::cheers:

Glasgow not being in the Highlands shouldn't it be Hodden grey?
Many a Highland rgt has recruited from Glasgow. Old Pearson Hall belonged to the long gone HLI btn based there. Their war memorial was kept when redeveloped into flats, nineteen or so years ago.

Many a Highland rgt has recruited from Glasgow. Old Pearson Hall belonged to the long gone HLI btn based there. Their war memorial was kept when redeveloped into flats, nineteen or so years ago.
It went to Walcheren barracks in Maryhill.

If you are in Glasgow today, watch out for the old and bold from 15th Scottish Battalion The Parachute Regiment parading. Celebrating the 70th anniversary of the raising of the battalion in Glasgow by the legendary Alastair Pearson. Sevrice at Glasgow Cathedral 11am followed by march past and parade to George Square. Followed by civic reception in the Concert Hall. I will proudly be donning my maroon lid again and marching with some awesome men.
We used to live next door to the RSM of 10 Para Regt in Glasgow back in 1990 - cracking bloke, whose name escapes me. I wish everyone involved a great day and no doubt the post parade session will be legendary! :party:

Last edited:
If you are in Glasgow today, watch out for the old and bold from 15th Scottish Battalion The Parachute Regiment parading. Celebrating the 70th anniversary of the raising of the battalion in Glasgow by the legendary Alastair Pearson. Sevrice at Glasgow Cathedral 11am followed by march past and parade to George Square. Followed by civic reception in the Concert Hall. I will proudly be donning my maroon lid again and marching with some awesome men.
Will The Big Man be making a cameo, I wonder?
Or will he not allow himself to steal the thunder.

Many a Highland rgt has recruited from Glasgow. Old Pearson Hall belonged to the long gone HLI btn based there.
Looked Pearson up, he originally served in HLI as part of 52 'Lowland' division. Geography obviously a flexible matter.

Looked Pearson up, he originally served in HLI as part of 52 'Lowland' division. Geography obviously a flexible matter.
A fierce quality:life of Alistair Pearson, para extraordinaire, DSO and 3 Bars MC is worth the money on Amazon, while A drop too many by Gen Frost is more widely known Gen Pearsons book is a good companion to it on your bookshelf.

Have a good'un Jock! All the best.