Tariq Aziz Sentenced To Death

First thoughts are that I dont agree with this. I will happily be corrected though.

Because of his comedy announcements and general baffoonary we tend to think of him as harmless.
He was still a key player in Saddams regime so hardly surprisingly that the Iraqis want their pound of flesh.

I've not seen anything on the trial (charges,evidence etc) so couldn't say whether its the right or wrong verdict.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Because of his comedy announcements and general baffoonary we tend to think of him as harmless.
He was still a key player in Saddams regime so hardly surprisingly that the Iraqis want their pound of flesh.

I've not seen anything on the trial (charges,evidence etc) so couldn't say whether its the right or wrong verdict.
Are you confusing him with "Comical Ali"?

His hands are steeped in blood... always pleases me when a corrupt political elite that once thought itself safe and above the law gets its commupance....

Perhaps the his sentence will be suspended!

Comical Ali (Mohammed Saïd al-Sahaf ) is very much alive however as his Wikipedia (not gospel via that source though) entry shows: Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And for those who didn't get to see his wonderful performances here is a collection of his finest moments via YouTube. Enjoy.

[video=youtube;yfAeMtcURg0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfAeMtcURg0[/video]

Are you confusing him with "Comical Ali"?
Fcuking me. I'm a gopping mong!!

*shuffles off shaking and slapping head*
He went to be with the 72 Virgins on 25th January 2010.
That's 'chemical Ali' you're thinging about.

I still smile when I think of that famous clip, when we was on the news saying that the coalition forces will never enter Baghdad, until one of the cameramen pointed out that you could actually see them in the background of the shot entering the city. I have to say that I always saw him as the harmless public face of the regime, but he was still part of that regime, so I am not sure how I feel on reading this, as to whether or not it is the "fair and correct" verdict.

Several years ago, one of the jokes doing the rounds was "when does Saddam have his tea?, when Tariq Aziz."