Targets will not fall when hit.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by vvaannmmaann, Aug 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why aren,t they taking out bloody speed cameras then??
  2. Surrey Police, one of the forces which has been made aware of shootings in its area, has also offered to review the dossier.

A spokesman said: "Action will be taken if any offences are identified and we will also inform the Highways Agency, who are responsible for road sign maintenance."

lovely British not to panic the public..

"Nothing to see, we'll look into it."
    " If its a crime to shoot signs we'll keep an eye out, in the meantime we'll let the road slackers know they need to knock a few dings out and touch up the paint a bit. Now where's me cocoa and biscuit? "
  3. At least that would make the police take note...
  4. Mr Seiber is clearly a c ck who knows f ck all about firearms then.
  5. Ferrk me 23mm :roll: bet thats got a bit of recoil.

Notice the guy manages to get in at least three mentions of "handguns"

Been happening for years, non story
  6. The recoil from a ZU-23-1 (yes, I know) would hurt, wouldn't it? Mind you, has anybody seen the 23-2 from Allenby since the septics took over?
  7. I wonder what he did in the marines.
  8. I hate to think.
  9. Perhaps that calibre is what one of the work-experience types who write and subedit papers these days, made out of .223.
  10. The thought did cross my mind but I wasn't feeling very generous.
  11. Reminds me of one of my old granddad's war stories. While being trained on the Boyles Anti-tank rifle in January 1940, the instructor informed him that it took a 5.5" bullet. He was still chuckling about it 60 years later.
  12. Wheres the "serious crime"?

Cannot see anything more than an offence of criminal damage there myself, the only alternative charge, that of discharging a firearm within 50 feet of the centre of a highway comprising a carriageway, requires a user to have been interrupted or endangered in the process.

Pretty good way to zero in for a bit of night poaching really - so obviously the Police wouldn't dare get involved in case it happened to mean they arrested some of our caravan dwelling travelling brethren, couldn't be having that now then could we?