Targeted killing, American-style

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by mora, Jun 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. During Abu Ghraib scandal, "Israel's tactics" were the main smokescreen behind the attempt to scapegoating Israel for the perversive actions of American soldiers. Surely Zarqawi's successful "targeting assassination" needs the same credit.

After the second intifada broke out in September 2000, Israel dramatically stepped up its targeting of Palestinian terrorists, killing more than 200 of them. This campaign worked. Targeted killings — combined with the border security barrier, military operations and improved intelligence — reduced Israeli deaths from a high of 172 in 2002 to less than 40 in 2005.

Even more telling, this decline in deaths occurred during periods when the number of attempted attacks by Hamas increased, suggesting that the organization became less capable even though its hatred did not diminish.

The targeted killing campaign also bolstered Israeli morale. In the last five years, Israel has lost more than 1,000 people to terrorism. No government can remain idle as its citizens are slaughtered, and, in a grim fashion, the killings of terrorists created a sense among the Israeli public that its government was striking back and protecting them.

2. Killing selected 'Individuals' seems like a good policy to me. Just hope they can avoid killing innocents around them.
    I understand in yesterdays killing of 'al Quada's man in Iraq' that a woman and child where also killed, very bad news.
    In a remote location ould SF not have been emplyed ?
    john

3. Rumsfeld loves the airforce and its special missiles too much...

4. Brig Gen Janet Karpinksi testified to the presence of Israelis involved in the interrogation of Abu Ghraib prison suspects.

5. Could be, so? They were there just as she was there, this are not the israeli tactics for intoregation, ask any Palestinian. When the first publication of Abu Ghraib published Ze'ev Schiff ( Israel's Liddell Hart ) lauds the "professional disparity in Israel's favor". Indeed, this is how it seems through Arab eyes

On Haaretz, March 8, 2004

This is what columnist Ahmed Ramrabi in the Qatar newspaper Al-Watan had to say about the prisoner exchange deal between Israel and Hezbollah: "One of my colleagues drew my attention to the Lebanese and Palestinian citizens who returned to Beirut and to Ramallah, and to the fact that their faces radiated health, as though they returned from vacations in Europe. The moral of the story is clear: Prisons in Israel are better than those in the Arab world. My colleague told me that had these people left Arab jails, they would have looked like skeletons. Not to mention those who never get out of such prisons alive."

6. See that Israel also managed to kill some Palestinians last night. That will help things along nicely.

7. Haaretz is reporting the death by an Israeli missile strike of the Hamas-appointed Palestinian security chief and Popular Resistance Committees leader Jamal Abu Samhadana, in Gaza.

Abu Samhadana told The Sunday Telegraph in April: "We have only one enemy. They are Jews. We have no other enemy. I will continue to carry the rifle and pull the trigger whenever required to defend my people."

Or not, as the case may be.

According to Haaretz:

Abu Samhadana, who headed the Popular Resistance Committees, was killed along with at least three other PRC operatives, and 10 more were wounded, hospital officials said.

The Israel Defense Forces confirmed striking the PRC camp in the southern Gaza town of Rafah, saying militants there were planning a large-scale attack on Israel. The IDF declined to comment on whether the strike had been a "targeted assassination."

8. DONT FEED THE TROLL

9. Targetted killing of terrorists by air strike is perfectly acceptable and means that SF troops are put in less danger. Attempts to capture individuals is a lot more difficult than using a bomb. Is anyone not glad when these killers get the good news?

10. I'm glad! Warrior!!
    as glad as glad can be- warms me cockles right up when one of those bastards gets liquidated,
    - cheer up all those with longs faces over this - at least he got to appear in one last video :twisted:
    seemed to like being in videos that one.

11. Me and the lads did get a little sh*t faced at a pre planned function but news of one less Islamonazi was the icing on the cake? Apart from a Maverick missile and rubble, I wonder what went through his mind in that last second before he woke up in Hell?

12. his ringpiece?

13. Nice one centurion, nice one!!