• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Target shooting - Re-loading 303

I've now got buckets of 303 brass (probably 5,000). Has anyone tried re-loading on a progressive press? Is it feasible to compete with S&B at £30/100 from the NRA?
The time to do it on a turret press with all the case trimming, cleaning etc is excessive.

I suspect that the cost of propellant may be the reason that to reload 303 these days you only do it as a labour of love; the cheapest bullets are usally to be found at the Trafalgar meeting at around £7 for 100.
I must confess my reloading these days is for target rifle use only with Sierra match kings at £21 per 100, fast becoming a rich mans sport!

ugly

LE
Yes I have found it, 174 gn Mk7 boat tails usually go very well with any Large Rifle Primer and 41.7 gns (I think I'll have to check) of Vit N140. I also use IMR4895 at various charges for different bullets. It depends what you want it for. I use a Redding Boss press single stage with RCBS Dies and only hand load soft point .303 as I find that S&B is about as good as we are going to get nowadays. With 4 .303s I find that I would need 4 sets of dies to set each one up and also to seperate all the brass and neck size only.
What do you want some recipes? I can use the Sierra disc to develop loads with trajectory charts for you! Basically store the brass in a dry place and keep it for when the S&B runs out. If you need to adjust your sights then I have plenty of foresight blades at different heights so a range day to zero and I have the adjusting tools as well.

Latest Threads