Target Recognition

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by HappyNomad, Jul 10, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For those of us outside of the main Naafi Bar cliques, a "who's who" guide to user /sock-puppet name evolution might be useful or marginally interesting.

Allegedly, Sausage Dog is the 'like button fetishist' formerly known as Westpoint but who else is trading under a different name.

For the record, my username remains the same as the day I joined Arrse.
  2. I used to be MSR.
  3. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

I have always been mercurydancer and have never had a sock puppet. If I make a twat of myself by posting something gash when I'm pissed, I wanna know its me that did it when I sobered up.

That, plus there are 10 the power of 250 fucks I do not give as to what people think of me.

4. So you don't want to see the petition then?
  5. Once I'm off rops/ban I'll revert back to my original username.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  6. I'm also Cuddles.
  7. I'm a cunt and don't need another account to be a cunt on an internet forum.
  8. Goatrutar?
  9. No, 5A.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  10. Pitswamper by name and nature.
  11. At my age I have enough trouble remembering one login and password, and I haven't had a sock puppet since I was about 6.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Quite why anyone would feel the need to use a sockpuppet is beyond me.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

I was originally Jester-something-or-other in 2005 when I first joined. But couldn't remember login / registration so re-registered as JesterRIP about 6 years ago. And then burned that one a few years ago due to the whole REME Forum witch-hunt thing with Fugly - so re-registered as a twat instead.

I quite like the sock-puppetry though. It makes me smile to think of a grown man in a swamped bedsit somewhere at his computer station, in the backdrop of a wall hanging military memorbillia ruthlessly snapped up from eBay during his Cadet AI years (weeks / days, maybe), frothing at the mouth at some insult he's just received from a clearly more intelligent member of the species, only to be thinking to himself "right I'll get you", then going through the dogmatic process of registering a new email account, just to then register a new ARRSE name, binning all the welcome messages and at the same time going "yeah yeah yeah delete" in his head ...simply to 'back himself up' as he stabs his keyboard in between dabbing up bits of drool with the corner of a spunky tissue.

With people like that, you're always assured there's a "bottom third" keeping you safe in the knowledge that whilst you may not be the brightest, the best looking, the fastest or the most wealthy - you could be a whole lot worse.
    • Like Like x 3
  14. My other account is Markintime.
  15. That's good,coz no one gives a fuck about the shite you post,you fucking boring cunt.