Tara Palmer-Tomkinson dies.

Shame. I liked her.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I always wondered what she actually did and why she was in the public eye.

Her own thread? A benign tumour killed her? That's worrying as I have one of those.... Nothing to do with the fact that she probably died in her sleep through lack of oxygen as she forgot to open her mouth and the alternative method of oxygen entry via the nose was a non starter since her hooter was full of 'talcum powder'?

Pretty much the same as a Kardashian @Gout Man. She was famous for being famous on the back of being a photographed celebrity.

She didn't actually do anything.

After a while she didn't have to. A bit like David Beckham the fame is self fuelling.

Fucks sake, I have clearly logged into mumsnet by mistake.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Tara Palmer-Tomkinson is dead at 45.

She had a brain tumour and had been battling it for a year.

She was one of the first 'IT' girls, making a living on nothing other than her personality. I know that she had done some really tonk things in her life, but she also did some nice stuff.

45 is a bit young really.

BBC Breaking News (@BBCBreaking) | Twitter
Has she died again?

Dead Pool 2017. Post #669

Do you Mods not communicate?

Liked her - nobody deserves to die at 45.

Actually, that's not true....................

She had her issues, but unlike the current crop of 'celebrities' she always came across as a nice person in her own right and properly posh totty.

Apparently the moments before her death were recorded on camera and posted on YouTube.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Aye. We do.

I think she deserves her own thread. Is that OK?
If only there was a Mod around to arbitrarily lock a thread after being discussed elsewhere!

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Pretty much the same as a Kardashian @Gout Man. She was famous for being famous on the back of being a photographed celebrity.

She didn't actually do anything.

After a while she didn't have to. A bit like David Beckham the fame is self fuelling.
It's a bloody conundrum this is. So you get famous just by been photographed but you weren't or did anything to justify been photographed in the first place and somehow that makes you a famous celebrity?
Hmmm, it's gone 6pm, time for a pint.

The only thing I find sad about this is that she died alone. Alone in life, not just in her flat.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BratMedic The NAAFI Bar 26
Yokel Royal Navy 11
K The NAAFI Bar 28