Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, Sep 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

It seems to have gone from Quarterly to Thirdly. Will there be another issue?

2. I've only seen the first issue. I thought it was OK to be honest. Don't what will be in the next issue though!
  3. With a bit of luck NO, it was army PR at its worst.
    Lets have bang upto date info on all things TA on Armynet.
    Interesting that the posted report on visits to units for the CGS did not include any TA units?
    Did they forget about the TA this time round?
  4. msr

msr LE

Yes, like the latest version of TA Regs.

5. I was a bit suspicious of the first mag, too many responses to ARRSE threads. Not been a lot of worthy posts on here so maybe thats the reason for the delay.

I think an ArmyNet extension to this TA forum would be good (as a community). We all know many that would help with the site, if we were allowed, I know a number of the Sigs forum that have tried to do the same.
    The only thing I would ask for is a OR's section with no input from officers, let the young have their area (maybe it could go a little facebook etc).
  6. Well it's gone past thirdly and now way past quarterly.

Do you think they're holding out until they can call it "Sometimes Territorial Army Biannually"

Oh no - that would make the acronym....
  7. Now, now, msr, you should know full well that TA Regs are for the information of the PSAO only.

That's why they're always kept securely in his office...
  8. There will only be a second edition after the original 100,000 have been read.
  9. Oh goody! 3 each, plus one on the web.
  10. msr

msr LE

Perhaps in future it could be printed on more absorbant paper, so we could use the unread piles of TAQ to mop up the puddles of water which have been let in by the leaky roof...

11. Hold onto your hats! My spies tell me the next isue is being written right now. Apparently the new general wanted convincing that the mag was reaching the parts it was supposed to and asked (as much as a general ever 'asks') for some feedback.
    The feedback was pretty good, so number 2 is on the way.
  12. Thats a shame and a huge waste of time and effort. It appears that every level of command from 1/2 Col up seems to want a magizine of their own. Looking across the office I see Soldier, Mascot, Focus, Pathfinder, TAQ, Sapper, some Air Corps thing, a small stack of assorted Regimental magazines, , our Association Newsletter, several advertising aircraft carriers and radios we have already decided not to buy, Salute, British Army Review, Army Doctrine and Training News, The Infantryman and the users guide to ATE Scotland, with a couple of copies of the Survivalaids catalogue and Kit! thrown in for light reading. Thats on top of various Health and safety , Equal Opportunities and Road Safety newsletters that go straight in the bin. Anyone outside the civil service have an employer who would sanction that amount of spend ?
  13. msr

msr LE

No, they direct it to their intranet.

Quite why they do not set up a section for the TA on armynet is beyond me.

14. Oh good, so the new general doesn't read/isn't briefed on Arrse.

At least, as you correctly point out, the next edition will be absolutely number 2!
  15. Well put. Did he really think that his briefers - who were probably involved in production of Edition one ? - were going to say that it was a waste of time and money ?

Not that e-based material is any better. The Defence Intranet homepage is sickening. Best bit of spin recently was a whole story about how well the Navy were doing flying other peoples Harriers ( Italian, Spanish, US etc) off our carrier. Signal failure to mention that our naval Harriers had been retired early as a cost saving measure.... Pathetic.