TAQ: a proposal for issue 2 and beyond

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, Jan 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

TAQ has stalled.

As anyone who has ever put a magazine together will know, issue 2 is possibly the biggest hurdle to overcome.

So here is a proposal:

Sections G1-G9 and a recruiting and retention section.

In each section pull together the DINs / AINs / Letters from LAND etc which affect the TA and publish a summary of the changes.

Use each section to 'float' ideas and give a heads up on draft / upcoming changes.

Link each section to a forum on armynet for discussion (some of it may not be suitable for a public forum such as arrse).

Include stories / pictures where appropriate.

Gather feedback on the burning issues of the quarter (via email) and get actual answers from those in the know.

What do you think?

2. Detailed look at one TA members life on op tour?

The DIN etc idea is a good one, I wonder how many people are aware of the changes with regards to contracts?
  3. How about a crossword and a photolove piece. Or a Dear Deirdre column.
    Celebrity gossip and competitions, it does sound quite exciting now you mention it!
  4. Don't be so dismissive BW. I'm surprised though that you in particular wouldn't like to see a TV and Films section.

MSR - does your plan for layout imply a plan for gleaning content...i.e. the G1 community is morally or possibly otherwise obligated to provide copy? I think your concept is sound, wider communication of it will be the acid test.
  5. ....and and a tv and film section. And the words to all the latest top tunes in the hit parade!
  6. msr

msr LE

I am not sure of the finer details yet, the idea came to me while I was out running this morning.

I don't think that there is a requirement for 'gleaning' content, more 'filtering' the emissions from LAND / MOD.

7. msr

msr LE

8. It would also by a mechanism for quelling myths and tales. A JPA spot could be included as a FAQ with links to the actual procedures and what JPA is actually used for the TA. I tried to get someone to produce something to distribute to the TA on JPA but was told that one size fits all and it applied to all service personnel, which it clearly does not. There are a number of myths about what JPA can and can't do and what a TA soldier is required to update on it. It would be a good starter for the G1 section and as someone who sees the plethora of information being distributed to HQs I am still amazed at how little gets to grass roots leading to confusion and personnel not getting the right info.
  9. I'm mildly surprised that no-one has come on here and denied that it's stalled. Still it got the old CRF a big gong in the Homours list....
  10. msr

msr LE

Well they'd have a tough time seeing as it came out in June 2007 :roll:

11. Issue 2 just arrived (******* hundreds of them) on my desk
  12. It is also available to read on ArmyNET.
  13. Read it on Armynet, I see they haven't taken my ideas on board!
  14. That's fantastic, one of the best laughs I've had all week. I enjoyed the complete lack of irony in still calling it TAQ, 7 months after the first issue. The TA100 page had me laugh out loud repeatedly.

"Watch future issues of TAQ for more information on TA100 events"

It'll be TA101 by the time the next quarter is up!
  15. They've still got issue 1 on the MOD army site.