TAPO Question on Summer Leader

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Crazy_Climber, Feb 3, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What are peoples view on Exercise Summer Leader vs doing the 10 Weekends Mod2 and separate Mod3 course?

Originally I was planning to do Summer Leader, but now I'm wondering if the weekends would be a better option. As although it would take longer, it would allow more time to revise skills and keep on top of things. Plus it would involve less time off work.

2. msr

msr LE

Horse for courses. If it was me and I had the time, I'd do Summer Leader.

M-s-r

3. Summer Leader, every time. Tried doing the weekends, but proved very hard to keep up the momentum. You miss one, you get behind.

Summer Leader - Keeps you focussed, greater cameraderie, gets it over and done with.

4. Downside of Summer Leader is the risk of injury.
    If you are pinning your hopes on TACC in Sep-13, a twisted ankle in your first few days will kill the whole thing dead wheras spreading stuff out gives you a chance to recover.
    However, if you are 'robust' - then go for it.

5. If you want to commission this year, do the ULOTC Summer Leader on Thetford. Don't worry about injury. It seldom is serious enough to force an RTU. From my experience of three Summer Leaders, those who withdrew quoting a minor medical matter were in the bottom third of the students and already talking to their mates about withdrawing from the course.

6. I think you have your answer...start on the next course that you have the time to do. Also get a main board pass under your belt as early as you can!

7. Absolute bender. If you can't survive a two week STAB exercise, then you aren't fit to wear the uniform.