Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tapatalk - anyone still using it

Bad CO

Admin
I'm sure many of you will have seen that there is now a progressive web app available for ARRSE which you can install onto any supported device. I've ceased using Tapatalk for this as I think it's a lot better.

Anyway, I'm considering removing Tapatalk support from ARRSE as it is a PITA to maintain. Would there be howls of outrage if I did that?

I used to use it, but haven't for years now as the website is just as easy on my phone.

ETA I'm not aware of the progressive web app. How do I do that, please?

Bad CO

Admin
I used to use it, but haven't for years now as the website is just as easy on my phone.

ETA I'm not aware of the progressive web app. How do I do that, please?

If you're browsing ARRSE on your phone then it should either pop up suggesting you install it and/or there is a link in the left hand menu

Used it years back, not for at least 4 year and still get Tapatalk notifications.

If you're browsing ARRSE on your phone then it should either pop up suggesting you install it and/or there is a link in the left hand menu
Seen, sorted, done. Many thanks.

Bin it. Pain in the Arrse to have dedicated apps for specific sites (yes I know Tapatalk supports multiple sites, but still...). I think it was an artifact of the times when mobile browsers weren’t anything like up to desktop standards, and the screens were smaller.

Bin it.

LARD

LE
Could never get it to work. So as has been said - mag to grid.....

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I think the consensus is generally "bin it!" I for one will not miss it

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Never used it.

I tried it when the Arrse app was discontinued but I generally don't bother. Easier to load the site on my browser (PC and phone).

A 'progressive web app'? Does it gradually shift from being an edgy, firm Arrse to something more softer and rounded? :p

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
bin it,

go on

you know you want to

I tried it when the Arrse app was discontinued but I generally don't bother. Easier to load the site on my browser (PC and phone).

A 'progressive web app'? Does it gradually shift from being an edgy, firm Arrse to something more softer and rounded? :p

It really means it uses Html 5 and Javascript to be used either on a desktop PC or a mobile phone, with no need for a dedicated phone app as it progressively alters the display to fit the device and the screen size

It really means it uses Html 5 and Javascript to be used either on a desktop PC or a mobile phone, with no need for a dedicated phone app as it progressively alters the display to fit the device and the screen size
Now, you see, that's just a lot less interesting :p

I'm not one to promote fantastic rumour but I heard that the Chinese have infiltrated TT to enable them to read our Private Mails. Also they have taken down their Wiki entry. This is in itself is deeply suspicious...
Kick it into touch and thwart yet another tentacle of the insidious Chinese subversion machine.

Latest Threads