Tapatalk 4 BETA for Android

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Bad CO, May 29, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

If you use the ARRSE iOS or Android apps then you may not be aware that they are branded versions of something called Tapatalk. The full app costs a few quid but by doing this we're able to allow you to get it for free.

Tapatalk is great for all sorts of reasons but one of them is that they're extremely active in upgrading the app with new functionality, performance improvements and better security. You'll have seen this as our branded apps are always upgrading as well!

For those who are interested, Tapatalk have just released a beta version of a major upgrade to version 4 and this is available on the play store for anyone who fancies a look. I've been using it on my tablet for the last few days and have been very impressed.

Just to head off a few points:

* We know that groups don't work on the app. This is largely a vbulletin problem and won't be fixed until we upgrade to vB5. This in turn needs them to sort out CMS functionality which is due at some point (this year?).
    * If you're having problems with the iOS app then removing it and reinstalling seems to cure most of them!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta