TANOD cancelled?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by PartTimePongo, Mar 4, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Duty rumour has it that TANOD this year has been canceeled. Can anyone confirm, or vehemently deny

....or have I got yet another "black" to add to the Defence secretary's growing list? :)
  2. msr

msr LE

Hopefully... it's a complete waste of time
  3. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

OK, give up.  EVen after all these years...

What on earth is TANOD?
  4. TA National Open Day......
  5. 54 throught the gates, 10 of enlistment age, 2 interested, 1 attested, never turned up.
    every year.
  6. OldSnowy

Got it now!  Yep, complete waste of time and resources.  For last 2 years we hve been setting up stalls in local shopping centres, rather than relying on anyone finding their way to the TAC.

As to list of who you get through the gate - you forgot the obligitory wino/tramp there for the free scran  :)
  7. A tip

Run a concurrent activity at the TA centre, that will appeal to CivPop. It's all about bums on seats.PM me for details :)

OS , were the maps ok?
  8. OldSnowy

Well, we haven't got enough people to run an open day this year anyway (for obvious reasons).  Also, you would think that the TA had been getting enough free publicity already ;)

PTP - no maps yet ???
  9. ???????? Indeed

Just checked our despatch gopherettes pigeon hole, and the bloody things are leaning in the gap between the wooden big bit and the wall . Rocket issued, Map tube now on top, expect to see tomorrow AM

10.   it still on though difficult to get blokes to do recruiting
     they have to bribe us with double pay to stand in high street getting    the brush off but at least it stopped  my other half goining on that peace march
  11. Double pay you say?
  12. we should have had a stand at that peace march. and put it through the books - 1+ million through the gates...............................etc