Tanni Grey-Thompson

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by datumhead, Mar 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any one else hear her on Chris Gwar Evans tonight?

Fantastic sense of humour when dicussing the Paralympic sports.

"The best bit is the accidents and pile ups. when you have a full pack going round the final corner and they touch, bang, arms and legs everywhere......absolutly hillarious! There were people dragging themselves off the track into the middle and some were climbing into their chairs....chaos...so funny"

This lady has a healthy view of her disabillity and it's not stopped her in the slightest. My best wishes to you and your familly and enjoy your retierment :thumleft:

2. I'll go along with that. I've been a big fan for years. Nobody has done a better job to shift paralympic sport from a slightly embarrassing footnote to the point where most athletics meetings have at least one wheelchair or other disability event than Tanni. Having heard and chuckled with her on local radio years ago when I lived back home in Wales, (and she was still Tanni Grey), I hope the Beeb gives her a big fat contract at the end of the season when she jacks it in. The girl's a star.
  3. ... and like all the best people, she's Welsh.
    Da Iawn Tammi! Cymry am byth! :grin:
  4. Somebody to be VERY proud of.
  5. One of our best ever athletes, regardless of her disability. Britain is proud.
  6. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

One of the very few people about whom I could use the revolting PC expression "Differently abled" with a straight face. Be lucky Tanni.

You want to do what in a bath?
  7. She is a great althalite, and a good ambasador for the sport, but the real question is, would you give her one?
  8. Only with the proper precautions. i.e. she'd have to have her brakes on.
  9. Bingo!
  10. The plus being that you get your silver wings if you do a bird who's in a wheelchair.

11. OH yes!!!!!!! :headbang:

(imagine the wnak action :blowkiss:)

P.S. is althalite a new disabillity? :wink:
  12. [quote="datumhead]P.S. is althalite a new disabillity? :wink:[/quote]

No but althalite 210 does make you feel very ill.