Tanks test infra-red invisibility cloak

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by JoeCivvie, Sep 7, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. .
  2. Clever........
  3. A car in a woodblock. Not suspicious at all...
  4. Makes the tank look like a creepy paedo wagon. Genius!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. So it's like Harry Potter's invisibility cloak. You can get two boys in the tank and make it look like an Ice Cream Van.
  6. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

7. Thev Guardian said pretty much the same today except it would make tanks look like cows!
  8. I thnk you may be confusing a PET heat reflective tent with a roll of kitchen foil (or maybe a much smaller "Blanket"). But you're right about the £10k if Bae sells them. BAE Filton is barely walking distance from Abbey Wood... what a coincidence!
  9. Grumblegrunt

nope same thing right down to the white string, I bought a couple And they were next to the blankets which were in a pack of two for the same price. :)

I am prepared to release my stock to the mod for testing purposes for 5k ea with a limited service package included.
  10. Grumblegrunt

the taliban use woollen blankets to do the same thing. crafty and enviromentally friendly.

maybe someone who has a bored grandma can persuade her to get on with a tank cosy.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Exactly what we did as OPFOR. Works even better when there is a little rain so the blankets are wet.

Also there is allready a very useful swedish system, google for "Barracuda Camouflage".
  12. Now if they can just solve the problem of 60 ton gruntcrunchers leaving bloody big tank tracks and clouds of dust everywhere, they'll be sorted.
  13. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

12 posts and we've already had the BAE Systems mark-up but no-one to say that SDSR will render tanks COMPLETELY invisible?

Standards, standards, standards...
  14. Do you want to come into my den and polish my breech cock, sorry block little boys.