Tanks rejoin Moscow V-Day parade

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by KGB_resident, May 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7391537.stm

Just have seen the parade. I believe it's impressive.

2. Its a pity they had to block all the approach roads & bridges, so that hundreds of thousands of ordinary Russians couldn't get close enough to see anything..... Great parade for the elitny, though.

P.s. What is the vehicle that looks like a US Hummer? I find it hard to believe Putin's army would use & display a Hummer, but thats what they are described as on the TV news.

3. I myself have watched it for the fist time. I suppose that it is a new developed vehicle. Indeed it looks as the Hummer.

4. Did anyone notice the great big painted ICBM that looked as though a horny woman had painted it in the shape of a bell end???????? :?

5. It's called a "Tigr" (Tiger) ... see this link:

http://www.strategypage.com/military_photos/2005103023.aspx

K13

6. It was almost like looking at the May Day parades in the 80's with almost identical equipment, aircraft and uniforms!

7. They was talk about doing the same thing in London, but the congestion charge for a 60ton Chally2 was to much to pay.

Taxi!

8. Exactly! And this is supposed to prove that Russia is still a very serious threat? Have they forgotten that Iraq was equipped with the exact same equipment and whilst they were stronger in numbers they were totally out gunned and out manouvered by superior equipment in lesser numbers.

Or is it just me that never quaked in my bed at the thought of Soviet armour rolling across the German plains in the eighties ... having travelled many times on the Berlin Military Train and seen the tank parks full of broken down armour?

10. Surely not, now that Boris is in charge?? We might even get a St. George's day celebration next year.

11. I dunno.... the T-95 Black Eagles or whatever they were in the first group of tanks looked quite state of the art.... (actually the tanks on parade seemed to have flat-faced turrets like CR2, rather than the curved profile of the media shots of T-95?)

12. It's almost as if someone whent to some enourmous hangers on the outskirts of Moscow with 'Parade props' written on the door, went inside did a bit of dusting and refuling and off they went*

*Possibly some track bashing and tyre changing went on too!

13. Love it! It got me all nostalgic for the good old days. Three armoured divs in Germany, pointless exercises across German farmland, three months off for skiing in the winter, Herfy beer. Where do I sign up?

14. It was a Victory Day Parade, not a show of "military might". A way of saying "thank you" to those who ever fought for Russia, especially in WW2. A tribute to country's military.

15. Ah ... I see ... that would explain the ICBMs then :wink: