Tanks rejoin Moscow V-Day parade

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by cantbearsed2, May 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I just finished watching the traditional 9th of may parade in Moscow and the German commentators couldn't stop commenting over the fact that they where parading tanks and mobile missile launchers for the first time in years. also that the Russian armed forces are reducing in strength by up to 200,000 but spending is to go up.

2. Am I missing something? That BBC link goes to a report from 2008...

3. my bad i,ll delete the link and find a new one i watched it on tv and tried to find a link on the net.

4. What's Dan Aykroyd doing in Russia???

[​IMG]

5. He looks like he is very popular though,them Ruskies are well pleased he is there.

6. At least they have an army

7. So they'll have some ammunition for EACH soldier now.

8. Nice to see that daisy-chaining isn't just confined to the fine men of the Duke of York and Albany's Maritime Regiment of Foot.

9. "Nice to see that daisy-chaining isn't just confined to the fine men of the Duke of York and Albany's Maritime Regiment of Foot."

Disgusting, Disgracefu,l Disingenuous (Whatever that means).

john
    Wish I thought of it first.

10. Here's a link to Russia Today's coverage of the parade on You Tube (For those interested.)

Part One:

YouTube - In Honor of Victory: Full video of Red Square 2011 military parade (part 1)

Part Two:

YouTube - In Honor of Victory: Full video of Red Square 2011 military parade (part 2)

I found it a little disconcerting that the Russian commentators were saying that Russia had to build up its military force because of the actions of the USA and NATO who have been invading countries on slim pretext such as Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq, et.al.. They also seemed worried that Hillary C. the American Sec of State, was penciling in the word Syria in her to-do list and next to it the word "Regime Change" with a question mark.:omg: :policecap:

11. Holy Crap,

On the first video check out the chap behind medvedev at 3:14 in the video. And you thought the americans liked giving out gongs... sheesh. That board is insane.

12. This overfed pig, former furniture trader, so called minister of defence is a son-in-law of the close Putin's friend, a former PM Zubkov.

Absolutely incompetent thieving cnut.

13. Sums up about 99.99% of the people with any authority in Russia.

14. And the last four British Prime Ministers