Tanks in Trouble

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Trip_Wire, Sep 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

2. I knew the day would come when you'd post a thread I actually enjoyed - bloody well done and well over due!

The caption, 'Ops, my bad!' just doesnt do the picies justice!

3. Excellent - previously thought my missus was a bad driver... :D

Now we just need a breakdown on a nationality basis.... (purely for p!ss taking purposes of course :D )

lancslad

4. Mostly American M1Abrams, from what I could determine. 3rd pic down is Israeli Merkava. However the 4th down, sitting upside down "No.22" marked one, is that a Challenger? the gun mantlet looks similar?

5. It is a Challenger and someone died in it.

6. Post removed as I couldn't get the pic to work.

7. That has got to be the worst recovery operation I have ever seen, you needed no more than one hook(recovery vehicle) to get that back on the road, instead they used 3, 2 trying to pull the vehicle apart and the other one actuall y appling force in the right direction - shocking!

[​IMG]

8. You're kidding, right? you saw the slope the tank was on?
    [​IMG]
    Why take the risk of a slide down the hill or a rollover when you could have a stay cable attached?

NTM

9. Good point, on that loose surface, unless he was able to easily get it pointing down he ran the risk of throwing a track or overturning.

10. Thanks for that. I loved the palm tree one. Load of soldiers standing around, an armoured (Caterpilar D6?) bulldozer parked in the background..

....and one arab with a shovel about to dig it out all by himself.