Tanks in Trouble

Excellent - previously thought my missus was a bad driver... :D

Now we just need a breakdown on a nationality basis.... (purely for p!ss taking purposes of course :D )

lancslad

Mostly American M1Abrams, from what I could determine. 3rd pic down is Israeli Merkava. However the 4th down, sitting upside down "No.22" marked one, is that a Challenger? the gun mantlet looks similar?

It is a Challenger and someone died in it.

Post removed as I couldn't get the pic to work.

That has got to be the worst recovery operation I have ever seen, you needed no more than one hook(recovery vehicle) to get that back on the road, instead they used 3, 2 trying to pull the vehicle apart and the other one actuall y appling force in the right direction - shocking!

VerminWA said:
That has got to be the worst recovery operation I have ever seen, you needed no more than one hook(recovery vehicle) to get that back on the road, instead they used 3, 2 trying to pull the vehicle apart and the other one actuall y appling force in the right direction - shocking!
You're kidding, right? you saw the slope the tank was on?

Why take the risk of a slide down the hill or a rollover when you could have a stay cable attached?

NTM

California_Tanker said:
VerminWA said:
You're kidding, right? you saw the slope the tank was on?

Why take the risk of a slide down the hill or a rollover when you could have a stay cable attached?

NTM
Good point, on that loose surface, unless he was able to easily get it pointing down he ran the risk of throwing a track or overturning.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HarryPalmer The NAAFI Bar 11
Porridge_gun Aviation 8
PartTimePongo Current Affairs, News and Analysis 4