• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Tanks in Trouble

Excellent - previously thought my missus was a bad driver... :D

Now we just need a breakdown on a nationality basis.... (purely for p!ss taking purposes of course :D )

lancslad

Mostly American M1Abrams, from what I could determine. 3rd pic down is Israeli Merkava. However the 4th down, sitting upside down "No.22" marked one, is that a Challenger? the gun mantlet looks similar?

That has got to be the worst recovery operation I have ever seen, you needed no more than one hook(recovery vehicle) to get that back on the road, instead they used 3, 2 trying to pull the vehicle apart and the other one actuall y appling force in the right direction - shocking!

VerminWA said:
That has got to be the worst recovery operation I have ever seen, you needed no more than one hook(recovery vehicle) to get that back on the road, instead they used 3, 2 trying to pull the vehicle apart and the other one actuall y appling force in the right direction - shocking!
You're kidding, right? you saw the slope the tank was on?

Why take the risk of a slide down the hill or a rollover when you could have a stay cable attached?

NTM

California_Tanker said:
VerminWA said:
You're kidding, right? you saw the slope the tank was on?

Why take the risk of a slide down the hill or a rollover when you could have a stay cable attached?

NTM
Good point, on that loose surface, unless he was able to easily get it pointing down he ran the risk of throwing a track or overturning.