Tanks for the Trouble Tours

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by HarryPalmer, Nov 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From today's Daily Irish Star:

"Love Ulster organiser Willie Frazer is planning tours of South Armagh - in armoured cars.
    The director of Families Acting for Innocent Relatives hope to use ex-British Army vehicles, including Land Rovers and Saracen, Ferret and Humber Pig vehicles.
    He says the tours will tell the story of the Troubles in the area from a Unionist viewpoint."
  2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

That'll go down well then! They'll probably need them. It'll feel to the locals like an Orange Parade, but with armoured vehicles.
  3. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I think he used to organise our tours back in 70/71. Because they were jolly little japes, full of local clour and in same vehicles.
  4. Is he going to get local kids to hang around lobbing bits of brick and stone at them as they drive past to make it more realistic?

Take them on a tour of the back streets to see a "genuine IRA knee-capping"? 8O 8O

Surely it's a little bit soon to be doing something like this :?
  5. There are people already at it with a Humber pig and a macralon (sp?) land rover in Belfast.

Imagine being stuck in the back of a veh for a couple of hours listening to Willie Frazer droning on and on, not my idea of a good time.
  6. Perhaps he can incorporate some fun family games to encourage a bit of audience participation. You know, a 'Spot the Milk-Churn, No Seriously For Godsake Spot It' competition, 'Pin the Tail on the Firing Point', that sort of thing.

Let's just hope his company livery isn't green and black.
  7. Box of frogs.
  8. Dont ever remember driving round South Armagh in armoured vehicles. Too feckin dangerous. We always used helicopters, or "leather patrol vehicles".
  9. Or shitty little Talbot Horizons tryings to blend in with the locals!
  10. Or driving around the West in a shiny, bright red, brand new Renault Espace - just what every family had parked outside the front door! Only thing missing was the 46 GF 78 numberplate.
  11. kin ell jack.....now I know what u were up to...ditto moi :)