Tankies in BAOR 1968

Discussion in 'RAC' started by RNMAMULL, Aug 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 4
  1. Excellant, I want my Cold War back.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. is there any other site that i can watch that documentary because BBC iplayer doesnt work in my country? :crash:
  3. Quote (about 9 mins in) - "A Schutzenfest...a small town jamboree...with sausages!" Yep, get your average Tom full of sausages and he's a right punchy bastard! I was off my tits after two currywursts.

Brilliant film.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Such a generous person.
  5. Excellent! not sure about the 17/21L being "Tankies" Though. If you watch it all I think you will agree that there should be a BAOR medal. - only joking
  6. Im not sure but i do seem to remember some software called "Expat viewer" or somesuch that will allow you to watch BBC content.
  7. Pissed and taking everything out of context again then? You ******* arsewipe.
  8. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

A lot of old friends in that film
  9. "Ranging, dot 3, drop 100!" - love it. When gunnery was an art not a science.
  10. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Love your work Jamie.
  11. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

Just taking the piss out of one of the" Stars " on the regimental site
  12. Many thanks indeed for the link. Much appreciated.

Very well filmed I thought. A lovely scene of an Infantry Attack which cuts away just as some poor unfortunate sinks up to his armpits in water! Difficult to get your head around the fact that all those young faces are now old men past retirement age. I'm not far off it myself and was in my fourth year at Windsor Boys School Hamm when that was filmed!
  13. The bit where the Chieftains were haring over SLTA to the tune of The Archers. Brilliant.
  14. Same here, a little help please.