Tankers attacked in Pakistan.

Discussion in 'Afghanistan' started by re-stilly, Oct 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Link

Will this mean that the Allies will have to find an alternative route, or will it mean opening a second front in Pakistan, with or without the Pakistani's co-operation. Either way I think it is a worrying development.
  2. This sort of thing has happened before, I've seen it at least once before on the news.
  3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

It's the Pakistani Army making a point. We killed three of their blokes, so they've scared the drivers of a load of tankers off and then burned a bunch of vehicles containing fuel that we need.

The message is clear enough, and it wasn't from insurgents.
  4. I just love the related adverts that appear at the bottom of the threads. This one is Pakistani Girls in the UK. Photo's, Email, Chat Online Free.

Muslims for marriage dot com.

I wonder if they charge an arrangement fee? ^_~
  5. we should just let india have its way and nuke the buggers!
  6. Can you prove that, or are you just talking bollocks?

7. It is likely?

NATO Fuel Tankers Torched In Pakistan

8. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

It's being inferred by all the press, as well as Pakistanis at the scene. Notable that the drivers all got scared off rather than killed for 'working for the man'.

Why, you got some inside line we don't know about?
  9. No, like you I am reliant on the media for my information and I tend to distrust initial reports of any incident.

I've had a coffee so I'm feeling decidedly less grumpy now:)

10. If this is becoming a more common occurrence, what are the ramifications for the supply of Afghan, do we have to find another route in, or fly combat missions above the route. Or alternatively come in via the North of the country if that is even possible.

Will Terry think this is a jolly jape and actually start trying to cut off supplies more readily, rather than attacking the troops.
  11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Well, I haven't had a coffee, so, you know that horse you rode into town on? Yeah, blown up by insurgents!
  12. Why don't we set Greenpeace on them? This must be playing hell with our carbon footprint.
  13. I wondered where it had gone, wasn't you was it?
  14. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Allllaaaaaoooooofackbar infidel!
  15. Seems to have happened again, this time "militants" are getting the blame. Linky

Surely the protection of these supply routes will come under scrutiny maybe a secure air corridor.