Tankers attacked in Pakistan.

Link

Will this mean that the Allies will have to find an alternative route, or will it mean opening a second front in Pakistan, with or without the Pakistani's co-operation. Either way I think it is a worrying development.

This sort of thing has happened before, I've seen it at least once before on the news.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
It's the Pakistani Army making a point. We killed three of their blokes, so they've scared the drivers of a load of tankers off and then burned a bunch of vehicles containing fuel that we need.

The message is clear enough, and it wasn't from insurgents.

I just love the related adverts that appear at the bottom of the threads. This one is Pakistani Girls in the UK. Photo's, Email, Chat Online Free.

Muslims for marriage dot com.

I wonder if they charge an arrangement fee? ^_~

It's the Pakistani Army making a point. We killed three of their blokes, so they've scared the drivers of a load of tankers off and then burned a bunch of vehicles containing fuel that we need.

Can you prove that, or are you just talking bollocks?

/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Biped /images/buttons/viewpost-right.png

It is likely?

NATO Fuel Tankers Torched In Pakistan

(RTTNews) - Unidentified miscreants in southern Pakistan torched over 27 oil tankers carrying fuel for NATO forces in Afghanistan early Friday, local media reports said, apparently in retaliation to a cross-border NATO helicopter air strike a day earlier killing three Pakistani Army soldiers.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
It's being inferred by all the press, as well as Pakistanis at the scene. Notable that the drivers all got scared off rather than killed for 'working for the man'.

Why, you got some inside line we don't know about?

It's being inferred by all the press, as well as Pakistanis at the scene. Notable that the drivers all got scared off rather than killed for 'working for the man'.

Why, you got some inside line we don't know about?
No, like you I am reliant on the media for my information and I tend to distrust initial reports of any incident.

I've had a coffee so I'm feeling decidedly less grumpy now:)

Shiny.

If this is becoming a more common occurrence, what are the ramifications for the supply of Afghan, do we have to find another route in, or fly combat missions above the route. Or alternatively come in via the North of the country if that is even possible.

Will Terry think this is a jolly jape and actually start trying to cut off supplies more readily, rather than attacking the troops.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
No, like you I am reliant on the media for my information and I tend to distrust initial reports of any incident.

I've had a coffee so I'm feeling decidedly less grumpy now:)

Shiny.
Well, I haven't had a coffee, so, you know that horse you rode into town on? Yeah, blown up by insurgents!

Well, I haven't had a coffee, so, you know that horse you rode into town on? Yeah, blown up by insurgents!
I wondered where it had gone, wasn't you was it?

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Seems to have happened again, this time "militants" are getting the blame. Linky

Surely the protection of these supply routes will come under scrutiny maybe a secure air corridor.

One is not aware who attacked the tankers.

It would be surprising if the Pakistan Army themselves attacked the convoy.

At best, it could be proxies, call them what you may.

One has to grin and bear it or so it appears. Pakistan is the only economical conduit i.e. by road to Afghanistan.

The other land route is from Iran.

Obviously, Iran is out.

Therefore, one has to pamper Pakistan with freebies if the campaign in Afghanistan is to make any headway or even maintain status quo.

One is not aware who attacked the tankers.

It would be surprising if the Pakistan Army themselves attacked the convoy.

At best, it could be proxies, call them what you may.

One has to grin and bear it or so it appears. Pakistan is the only economical conduit i.e. by road to Afghanistan.

The other land route is from Iran.

Obviously, Iran is out.

Therefore, one has to pamper Pakistan with freebies if the campaign in Afghanistan is to make any headway or even maintain status quo.
That's all very well and good for one, but what about two, three, four and so on.:)

Shiny