Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Tanker attacks Gulf of Oman

Iran once again cruising for a bruising.
British SF are being sent, and it is likely that there will soon be an Israeli response to the recent drone attack that killed two people.

iranian-involvement-suspected-in-hijacking-of-asphalt-princess-tanker

I work about half a mile away from Ambrey’s offices and have friends who work there. Sad news for the family of Adrian Underwood (veteran).

www.reuters.com

Hijacking ends in Arabian Sea, says UKMTO, as Oman identifies tanker involved

Oman on Wednesday identified the Panama-flagged Asphalt Princess as the tanker involved in a hijacking which Britain's maritime trade agency earlier said was over.
www.reuters.com
www.reuters.com

Wonder if the thought of a visit by SF’s may have prompted a tactical retreat?

Iranian Embassy and subsequent ops by Brit SF’s have set a precedent for fairly decisive action as the West Side Boy’s discovered in Op Barras.

Operation Barras played a significant role in the subsequent decision to form SFSG Secial Forces Support Group. The unit acts as a force multiplier for British special forces on large or complex operations.

SFSG formed in 2006 from an infantry battalion—originally 1 PARA, the first battalion to serve in the role had supporting elements from Royal and Royal Airforce Reg and
went on to support special forces operations in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Gods, you're harsh. But probably fair.

According to the ex-pat Iranian community over here it is a lovely country, full of welcoming people. But sadly the religous/politicos are a bunch of bung trousering, self-interested con men, ruining the country and should be dragged out and hooded at dawn.

According to the ex-pat Iranian community over here it is a lovely country, full of welcoming people. But sadly the religious/politicos are a bunch of bung trousering, self-interested con men, ruining the country and should be dragged out and hooded at dawn.
My bold That just about sums up most, if not all governments, whether political or religiously motivated.

It’s all a bit odd?

Who hijacked it?
Why did they leave instead of taking it to a place of their insistence?
What did they do once on board?
Who liberated it?

Why no Hollywood/Michael Bay ending?

According to the ex-pat Iranian community over here it is a lovely country, full of welcoming people. But sadly the religous/politicos are a bunch of bung trousering, self-interested con men, ruining the country and should be dragged out and hooded at dawn.

I've got Iranian friends and the last thing they wanted was the bastards they now have, running things, Iran was once one of the most civilised, westernised countries in the ME.

I've got Iranian friends and the last thing they wanted was the bastards they now have, running things, Iran was once one of the most civilised, westernised countries in the ME.
I bet they wish they had kept the Shah. It was disgraceful the way the west abandoned him after fawning over him for so long. But apparently he was a dictator.

...and the bastards previously running it, of course. I used to work with a chap, a little older than me, who'd trained their seaborne SF. Outstanding in most ways, apparently, and he had a great deal of time for them.

Religion: it screws with your mind, your moral standard and your country's economy. We should all have moved past that, but we insist on giving myth precedence over survival. Discussion for a corner in the pub, I think.