Tanker attacks Gulf of Oman

(...) None of those is remotely plausible. KSA isn't about to hurt the global oil trade passing through Hormuz (...)
The Saudis have been pushing for the US to back in them in a war with Iran for months. What do you think is going to happen to oil supplies through the Strait of Hormuz should full on war kick off?

This is the official Navy Video.
Seems to me to be quite a few people in Life Jackets on board and a definite lack of Rifles considering it was supposed to be a covert op to remove an unexploded mine. There also seems to be a lack of urgency about the whole thing. Could it have been taken just after the crew rescue and the Limpet mine just a normal magnetic clamp to hold the boat to the side of the ship? Too bad that $100,000 dollar FLIR Camera was in sh!t video mode.

Just kidding fellas the U.S has them bang to rights no point in asking questions.
Are you referring to magnetically clamped embarkation ladders? They're used to clamp rope ladders to the side of a ship for embarking and disembarking to and from large ships from small boats at sea and are required safety gear under current marine regulations.
Magnets for pilot ladders (for clamping, positioning and holding) - PTR Holland ® Group

There are apparently others besides the ones made by this company, but this is one example.

There are also suction pad types as well.
www.globalmachinery.net.au/supply-scope/solas-approved-pilot-ladders

I've no idea what is being shown in the video, I'm just asking if this is what you had in mind.

Are you referring to magnetically clamped embarkation ladders? They're used to clamp rope ladders to the side of a ship for embarking and disembarking to and from large ships from small boats at sea and are required safety gear under current marine regulations.
Magnets for pilot ladders (for clamping, positioning and holding) - PTR Holland ® Group

There are apparently others besides the ones made by this company, but this is one example.

I've no idea what is being shown in the video, I'm just asking if this is what you had in mind.
Yes that is what I had in mind.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
are we, despite previous experiences, expected to take Uncle Sam as an entirely honest party which would never falsify intelligence to suit its political ends? You post a string of increasingly ridiculous assertions, and then expect those here to take them as gospel. You're making the Russian trolls appear rational.
Amended on behalf of Martin Borman*

Yes. If anyone too tightly wrapped in the red white and blue has any doubts about this try reading this :

1560672170569.png

Plame affair

The Plame affair (also known as the CIA leak scandal and Plamegate) was a political scandal that revolved around journalist Robert Novak's public identification of Valerie Plame as a covert Central Intelligence Agencyofficer in 2003.

In 2002, Plame wrote a memo to her superiors in which she expressed hesitation in recommending her husband, former diplomat Joseph C. Wilson, to the CIA for a mission to Niger to investigate claims that Iraq had arranged to purchase and import uranium from the country, but stated that he "may be in a position to assist".[4]

After President George W. Bush stated that "Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa" during the run-up to the 2003 invasion of Iraq, Wilson published a July 2003 op-ed in The New York Times stating his doubts during the mission that any such transaction with Iraq had taken place.[5]

A week after Wilson's op-ed was published, Novak published a column which mentioned claims from "two senior administration officials" that Plame had been the one to suggest sending her husband. Novak had learned of Plame's employment, which was classified information, from State Department official Richard Armitage.[2] David Corn and others suggested that Armitage and other officials had leaked the information as political retribution for Wilson's article.

The scandal led to a criminal investigation; no one was charged for the leak itself. Scooter Libby was convicted of lying to investigators. His prison sentence was ultimately commuted by President Bush, and he was pardoned by President Donald Trump in 2018.

I have a hardback copy - happy to post it.

* Editor of Mein Kampf and thus the original 'Grammar Nazi '

Yes. If anyone too tightly wrapped in the red white and blue has any doubts about this try reading this :

View attachment 398899

Plame affair

The Plame affair (also known as the CIA leak scandal and Plamegate) was a political scandal that revolved around journalist Robert Novak's public identification of Valerie Plame as a covert Central Intelligence Agencyofficer in 2003.

In 2002, Plame wrote a memo to her superiors in which she expressed hesitation in recommending her husband, former diplomat Joseph C. Wilson, to the CIA for a mission to Niger to investigate claims that Iraq had arranged to purchase and import uranium from the country, but stated that he "may be in a position to assist".[4]

After President George W. Bush stated that "Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa" during the run-up to the 2003 invasion of Iraq, Wilson published a July 2003 op-ed in The New York Times stating his doubts during the mission that any such transaction with Iraq had taken place.[5]

A week after Wilson's op-ed was published, Novak published a column which mentioned claims from "two senior administration officials" that Plame had been the one to suggest sending her husband. Novak had learned of Plame's employment, which was classified information, from State Department official Richard Armitage.[2] David Corn and others suggested that Armitage and other officials had leaked the information as political retribution for Wilson's article.

The scandal led to a criminal investigation; no one was charged for the leak itself. Scooter Libby was convicted of lying to investigators. His prison sentence was ultimately commuted by President Bush, and he was pardoned by President Donald Trump in 2018.

It's mentioned in Vice too and also suggested elsewhere that Cheney was the decision maker of burning her. Thouroughly despicable creature Cheney.

View attachment 398899

Plame affair

I have a hardback copy - happy to post it.

Also available as a free eBook (Epub and Mobi) - not sure if I can put up a link to a dodgy site on here. Unless you can assure me that such an action is kosher, PM me for the link.

endure

GCM

Bloody snowflakes! We never had any of that when I was a lad. You climbed up ta rope ladder and if you fell off tough shit ;-)

37ucv67i

War Hero
Look at the Russians in Syria. They gave state sanctioned support to their contractors to attack and kill American servicemen to make a point.
One of the things that amazes me about American politics is the notion that attacking and killing US soldiers is some sort of sacrilege. I suspect it has something to do with the US self-perception of being the world's benign policeman doing the work of God in spreading Freedom across the globe.

One of the things that amazes me about American politics is the notion that attacking and killing US soldiers is some sort of sacrilege. I suspect it has something to do with the US self-perception of being the world's benign policeman doing the work of God in spreading Freedom across the globe.
I think you might find your perceptions out of date. Very few people here wish to be the world’s policeman, or do the work of God and free the heathen masses. Keeping the strait open is more or a less a huge favour to much of the world.

This is the official Navy Video.
Seems to me to be quite a few people in Life Jackets on board and a definite lack of Rifles considering it was supposed to be a covert op to remove an unexploded mine. There also seems to be a lack of urgency about the whole thing. Could it have been taken just after the crew rescue and the Limpet mine just a normal magnetic clamp to hold the boat to the side of the ship? Too bad that $100,000 dollar FLIR Camera was in sh!t video mode.

Just kidding fellas the U.S has them bang to rights no point in asking questions.

Why would they need rifles?

The crews had all been lifted off.

Last time I worked with Arabs, not Iranians who are Persians.

The arabs had the same mind set , see something going on OHHH that looks interesting , lets go over and take a look and If I am a higher cast, rank I will take charge.

I think you might find your perceptions out of date. Very few people here wish to be the world’s policeman, or do the work of God and free the heathen masses. Keeping the strait open is more or a less a huge favour to much of the world.
Nothing to do with the fact that the downturn in the global economy would also effect the USA. Not at all. Just one big huuuuuuge favour to the world.......

Oyibo

LE
Nothing to do with the fact that the downturn in the global economy would also effect the USA. Not at all. Just one big huuuuuuge favour to the world.......
The US would benefit massively if the price of oil went up. By your reasoning the US would be planting the mines.

And for love of god, whatever you do, don't call Iranians Arabs - they really get riled up over it! ME diplomacy 101.

It would sting, but we have the ability to provide for ourselves and export to others.

Last time I worked with Arabs, not Iranians who are Persians.

The arabs had the same mind set , see something going on OHHH that looks interesting , lets go over and take a look and If I am a higher cast, rank I will take charge.
By all accounts it was a covert op to remove a Limpet Mine there does appear to be 4 soldiers on board, it stands to reason they would be armed.

We don't know what time the video was taken. It is known that the Iranians did help remove the crew. As the boat moves away you can see quite a few bodies wearing Life Jackets standing up. Later in a close up they are all heavily pix elated. I am in no way a conspiracy theorist but that video doesn't add up.

Latest Threads