Tank video

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Gizzit, Jun 9, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Oh my god if it is! Just what we all need.

Can't be though, surely not :?

2. Its real, should be a thread knocking around somewhere.....

3. Anyone want to see a good tank scene, rent out Buffalo Soldiers !

4. that video is hard to believe but it is actually real... it comes from a PBS documentary on the war... the whole documentary is online here...

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/truth/view/

that clip is from the first section "Prologue:Spring 2003" after about 7 minutes...

what I can't understand is where are the senior NCO's or officers?... I'm not in the military but I would have thought that that many soldiers together with a tank would normally have an SNCO or officer with them?

5. Superb 'hearts and minds' work there lads! :D

6. Aside from the outstanding insurance liabilities, I feel that someone has to stand up for the US tank corps here. Those US military in the video were in fact a CIMIC team on one of their first outings.

Those in the white SUV were actually hospital workers collecting firewood to boil water for sterilisation purposes.

See http://www.army.mil/professionalwriting/volumes/volume1/june_2003/6_03_2_pf.html

Perhaps some of that useless american military harware could be more productively be cut down to provide door armour for contractor's and local politicians vehicles??

7. No wonder they couldnt find WMDs too busy seeing to other business

8. Yanks in gung-ho, shoot-first, ask questions later shocker!!! Hearts and minds my arse!!! I bet they didn't make the front cover of the Mirror though!

9. Yanks in gung-ho, shoot-first, ask questions later shocker!!! Hearts and minds my arse!!! I bet they didn't make the front cover of the Mirror though!

10. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Very very sad, but so true of the way those narrow minded idiots behaved from Day 1 out there. As i have said in other posts about our US 'colleagues' "you reap what you sow" and by God one year on their people are dying because of the mindless attitude displayed on that clip of film.

11. I cant believe the video is on a "Funny Movie" link . and the yanks say WE have a strange sence of humour 8O