Tank Sims

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by RNMAMULL, Nov 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am after a decent TAnk Sim,it makes no difference if its WW1 or Modern.Anyone got any reccommendations?I have seen one game but its a wee bit pricey.I have a few screenshots.

2. There is an awesome one that I was addicted to on Telic 7, and best of all- it's freeware!

3. Just not in the same league i am afraid!
  4. What game are the screen shots from? Looks impressive.
  5. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

I would suggest Armed Assault....not specifically a Tank sim, more of an everything sim.

We are using the 'proffessional' version VBS2 in work at the moment, and the Army is using it for some pre-deployment training.

There are a whole host of models online for different tanks etc. and lots of people making scenarios and suchlike.

6. Its called "Steel Beasts Personal Pro" and is used by some Military Forces to train their guys on but that version is unavailable for Non Military Users so this is the next best thing.There is a very active modding and developement forum as well.However its not cheap,but should last for years. 119.90 Euros.

http://www.esimgames.com/ Developers page

or you can order via the German Reseller. http://www.okaysoft.de/sbp.htm

Loads more screen shots at

7. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

are we sure thats legal? it far to much fun to be legal under zanuNL.
  8. Sure is. I was slightly wrong though, it is shareware, not freeware.
    Still legal though, and still far too addictive than is safe.
  9. anyone any joy?? i've always fancied a wee blast on one as im a secret tankie and wanna blow up small villages!!!
  10. One of my german gaming mates has Steel Beasts and he swears by it as the best tank sim around. I played ARMA but the tanks in it just seem like duffs. Theyre not the right size and dont react correctly.

Best one I ever played was M1 Tank Platoon on an old 466DX33 with vga graphics.
  11. Apparently M1 is like an old msdos game compared to Steel Beasts,from the screenshots i have seen it looks awesome,its just the price thats a bit off putting.There is a game T34 v Tiger out but it has had mixed reviews.It does look good though.

12. I've said it before i'll say it again try Battleground Europe it's an MMOFPS set in WWII you can be infantry tanks anti tank or anti air guns planes and ships. All weapons and vechile's are accuratley modeled have a look http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battleground_Europe
  13. Try BF2 and then go to project reality and download the Brit kit version. Very very realistic, there are serving squaddies on the team that do the veh research etc. Well reccommended but online only.
  14. Took the pliunge and bought Steel beasts,its freaking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!