Tank Museum Near Moscow

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by bensonby, Sep 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone been HERE?

It looks like an incredible collection, and a pretty crazy one! Apparently you need security clearance to go there, which seems a little odd... My mate who is in Russia at the moment couldn't go because of those "security issues" and you need special permission which takes a few weeks to get.

Can anyone give me a heads up on the place?
  2. There were obviously some perks attached to being one of the victors of World War 2 .
  4. Impressive collection - up to the Bovvy museum by all appearances.

Some of the nomenclature has been lost in translation. Calling the Walker Bulldog a "Worker" Bulldog must be a freudian slip from the Soviet era :)
  5. Surely that would have helped him get in....

It does look like an amazing collection though doesn't it...if I'm eveer over there I'm going to get my security clearence. (I like how they ask for booze as a tip in the FAQs section...)
  6. Some pretty wild paint jobs on some of them.... :p

7. Really Kubinka is the collection of the NIIBT rather than a museum proper with some real 'one of a kind' stuff found nowehere else.

Though the last few years they've been getting their heads around the idea they should be a museum - hence the change in the paintjobs from everything being in Soviet green.

The museum at Poklonnaya Gora is pretty good as well.