Tank Destroyers

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by EX_STAB, Apr 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cracking little bit of kit. Still looks modern even today in the modern battlefield.

2. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Got to hand it to the Salmon Trouts. They invade Czechoslovakia (in what? 1938?), capture the Skoda works, take ownership of enough T35s and T38s (arguably better tanks than they had) to re-equip four Light Divisions as Panzer Divisions, increasing the establishment thereof from 6 to 10, enabling them to drive to Dunkirk.

Then when the PzKpfw 35(T)s and 38(T)s - as they have become known - are obsolete, they rip off the superstructure and build a sublime tank destroyer, keeping them viable for another tank generation.

Good drills IMO.
  3. Interesting stuff, but I wish the cnut taking the pictures had spent less time getting an artistic angle and more time getting a good picture of the bloody tank!
  4. I remember when I was a nipper the old man took me to Armex at rushmoor arena, at the end of the day they had a big display, a WW2 battle with a mock up of Arnhem bridge being the centre piece, anyway cue battlescene lots of blanks, mighty roar of an engine, over the bridge comes a Hetzer, followed by Para regt band playing theme tune to 'bridge too far' and 'ride of the valkyries', I certainly was one impressed 9yr old.
  5. Too compact. Ergonomically, quite horrendous.

6. But a nice small target.