Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tank crewman equipment

GDav

LE
scarletto said:
Things not to take....picture of girlfriend topless and in stockings and suspenders, as when she is informed by two members of your crew about this, she doesnt find it funny, :frustrated:

Things not to do:

Don't feed the Arab students on spam sandwiches or bacon burgers.

Do Not sell your vehicle commanders kit to italian conscripts for grappa.

Do not go to sleep on radio stag and deny it,as cam cream rubbed onto face by troop sgt gives it away.

GDav

LE
scarletto said:
Do Not sell your vehicle commanders kit to italian conscripts for grappa.

Do not go to sleep on radio stag and deny it,as cam cream rubbed onto face by troop sgt gives it away.

Do not fall asleep on stag when wearing staff users on an open Sqn I/C.

orville

War Hero
spare bv element , 7.62mm ammo can and some expanded metal makes wonderfull toast or toasted sarnies and PI**ES the grunts off :thumright:

GDav

LE
A tin of piping hot stewed steak with fluffly mashed potatoes and a side dish of peas, followed by plum duff and all washed down with coffee laden with whiskey. Now that really got their goat.

You could see them sitting in their wee trenches with the wind blowing their hexamine blocks out and sniffing the air like a pack of hyenas.

:D

Do not claim to infantry that tank telephone could be used to phone home.
Do not say that Pub is troop O.P
Do not use thunderflashes with carboard tubes filled with beans as anti-infantry devices.
Do not knock out enemy tank with smoke grenade,then jump off tank into crew trench, as fists hurt.

Do not laugh at Infantry CSM infront of his recruits when he asks who has got the keys for the tank (lichfield barracks 1983 :) )

Fish killed by thunderflashes taste just as good as when caught by german anglers 10 yards further upstream.

orville

War Hero
dont put a can of beer in the inf tank telephone and tell them that its a vending machine as they will be lined up for miles behind you and give away your perfect position and the csm will be on your arrse for winding up his chicks :headbang:

GDav

LE
orville said:
dont put a can of beer in the inf tank telephone and tell them that its a vending machine as they will be lined up for miles behind you and give away your perfect position and the csm will be on your arrse for winding up his chicks :headbang:

Of course not. Everyone knows the vending machine is the gun barrel - kerchunk! :elephant:

orville

War Hero
never try filling a water jerry can with a german irrigation system as 2 hours trying to find said jerry can is a waste of valuable army time and money as seen on ftx iron hammer :shakefist:

orville

War Hero
Gdav i thought you were all serious about helping clarence out with his legitimate request for info but now i see you are just like the rest of us good on yer mate :thumleft:

GDav

LE
orville said:
Gdav i thought you were all serious about helping clarence out with his legitimate request for info but now i see you are just like the rest of us good on yer mate :thumleft:

Subtlety is my middle name (he lied cheerfully). :meditate:

orville

War Hero
scarletto said:
Fish killed by thunderflashes taste just as good as when caught by german anglers 10 yards further upstream.
thunderflashes struck and then pushed under helmet gs dont have the same effect as it used to have on helmet steel like we used to have and thunder flashes stuck in the drivers bin will shatter your ankles if you stand on the bin lid. thunder flashes stuck down the range crappers give the person in the next stall a real shttiy feeling of the non fuzzy but very runny side :highfive:

GDav

LE
Thunderflash dropped in the front end of the turret race has a nice effect on those inside ;)

Thunderflash emptied of powder,then lit and dropped into drivers hatch as you travel along autobahn produces interesting results.

orville

War Hero
that goes for you also scarleto as he will think that all the rac does is horse around and try to find wonderful new inventions to pass the time :headbang:

shagnasty

War Hero
clarence said:
Does anyone have a list of all the equipment tank crews are issued with.. and does this include a side arm ??

Cent kit laid out 1965. Any good to you son? No? Thought not. Baffled us as well. .30 Brownings might be useful - if you wanted to shoot yourself?

Attachments

• cent_kit.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 1,024

Latest Threads