Tank crewman equipment

GDav said:
Jerry cans of engine oil, gearbox/hub oil, hydraulic fuel.
Jerry can of petrol
Jerry can of water
Spare brake pads
Spare oil filters
Goggles
Helmet
Overalls
Gas mask
Personal weapon
Rations
1 x case of lager (to be kept up gun barrel)
Bottle of whiskey for sgt's coffee
n***er's toothbrush - that won't find its way into print, I suspect!.

I wish I could find the kit list my troop put together for 'Sir's First Scheme'. Ran to about 4 foolscap pages. Included: Cherry Brandy (several bottles), 200 cigs and all the usual stuff you would expect, and they even asked me to take a copy of Grimm's Book of Fairy Tales. I assumed they wanted bedtime stories every night, so took a copy AND made them all listen in pre-dossing down. Funnily enough, they never asked me to do that again - even in jest.

shagnasty

War Hero
Commander, Gunner, Loader, Driver - Best I could come up with. I leave it to everyone else to work out who does what?

Attachments

Aerials broken or converted into bow and arrows along with drum D10 wire which became a living thing on unwinding
Actually used whilst hunting pigs whilst at sennelager, i can personally say that they were of no use and we all found out we could run like the wind!!

Clarence, you are issued the following weapons as a tank crewman, note not including tank weaponery.

Pistol, two knives, one is a boot knife, Bayonet usally 18 inch long, fits in scabbard (handle hanging down) at least 6 grenades hanging from top pockets, A MMG with maybe if your lucky 1000 rounds one ball one tracer.

Forgot thats the drivers weaponery, Gunner usally has verey pistol adapted to fire armburst rounds, Commander has air portable elastic band with magazine of 100 paper clips

GDav

LE
shagnasty said:
Commander, Gunner, Loader, Driver - Best I could come up with. I leave it to everyone else to work out who does what?
Or, if you're at Demo Sqn it's:

Commander
Gunner
Operator
Driver
Commander's Wife
Cook
Runner
Padre (for that 'other' net).

Ahhh forgot, kit on wagon, Machete blunt as fcuk until you tried it on yourself, and GS shovel for digging holes, digging shite holes, clinging on whilst evacuating 5 days of compo, self-propelled artillery piece for slinging said compo log

GDav

LE
scarletto said:
Ahhh forgot, kit on wagon, Machete blunt as fcuk until you tried it on yourself, and GS shovel for digging holes, digging shite holes, clinging on whilst evacuating 5 days of compo, self-propelled artillery piece for slinging said compo log
I can't believe I forgot the n***er's Toothbrush :shakefist:

I can't believe I forgot the n***er's Toothbrush
Can you say Toothbrush nowadays?????

GDav

LE
Don't forget:

Canvas buckets, for the use of.
Cotton waste
Spare track pins & circlips
Tank suit (for those inclement days).
Quilted thermals
Green maggot
Tank sheet
Crew bivvy

and the plastic mallet from the cam set could be quite dangerous

orville

War Hero
way better if you hane one trace one trace and so on if you must have a ball round get the ones with the black tip just incase the sneaky buggers are wearing dustbins as flak vests musnt forget the nice silky oily rag for the lonley time in the drivers cab that is if your tech dept hasnt scoffed it all up for them selvesadding to the list copious amounts of comfy bum as the compo stuff is like john wayn strong and tough and takes SIHT off nobody :thumright:

A ten man teabag for a three man crew.
a leaking water tank, and funnel used to fill petrol,oil or diesel and water or all 4 at once.

NBC pack removed and replaced by beer and food, and then wondering how to bluff through NBC exercise suddenly pulled on us.

Spare bulbs and lenses from any other tank in sight.

shagnasty

War Hero
clarence said:
Are you issued with a side are aswell as your rifle ?
As a driver of a Cent. Once got given a .38 Webley & six rounds, . Was told on no circumstances to load said revolver unless the tank was on fire and the gun barrel blocked my exit. Then and only then was I allowed to load, point said pistol at head and shoot. Apparently this was a humane killing for a Tankie. Answer your question DickWeed?

Things not to take....picture of girlfriend topless and in stockings and suspenders, as when she is informed by two members of your crew about this, she doesnt find it funny, :frustrated:

Latest Threads