Tandem Sky Diving

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Welly, Aug 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm trying to find somewhere to book a tandem sky dive for my wife as a birthday present in September.

We live in Berkshire and all the usual parachute schools seem to quote around £200 - £250 for the experience, which i feel is slighty high for one jump.

Can anyone suggest somewhere in the UK that is less expensive or do you know a qualified instructor who can take tandem jumps and will charge 'mates rates'?

Thanks for any assistance in this matter.
  2. Yes book yourself on a flight to America with American Airlines and not only will you have a free sky dive, there will be 500 others doing it with you!!
  3. i know i shouldn't laugh but

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  4. "Slightly high for one jump" ha-ha-ha..... nice one

I'll get me coat
  5. Try North London Parachute Centre. Get a load of people together - it reduces the cost. The jump was great fun, but get there early (0645) iot miss the queue. Some of the instrs are a bit full of themselves and were boring about how wonderful they are. That said, the remainder are excellent and made the day worthwhile.

I enjoyed it and it cost me £145.
  6. Cheers Tatty Badger, i'll give them a call.
  7. I bought Mr Bloo a tandem skydive for his birthday and paid £200. There is a place just off the M40 near Oxford, but recently I have read about two skydiving accidents in the newspapers and it has made me quite nervous about him doing it now!!

8. Make sure you go to the DZ to watch him do the jump.

That way if he does get a total malfunction not all is lost as he may land on you resulting in your death.
  9. Talk nicely to the Red Freds and they might just oblige.
  10. Wouldnt work, I am also known as "boomerang blue"........ i just keep on coming back....... didnt you know that? :roll:
  11. Cheers sorted it, now booked with the place in Brackley, very good value, £185 including insurance etc.