Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by booty_cadet, Nov 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a few random questions...

How big is a TAMs folder?
    Is the paper or whatever inside it waterproof?
    Whats in it apart from orders (obviously that isn't restricted info)?
    Is there a way civvies/cadets can get some kind of a version of it?

2. It folds down into a wallet, slighly bigger than half the size of an A5 sheet.
    The paper is waterproof.
    Apart from orders; NBC dress states, helicopter marshalling signals, AFV recognition guides. Vehicle carrying capacities and lots of other stuff.
    TAMs were updated into a 2 book affair about 3-4 years ago. The original TAMs can probably be bought of ebay or in an army surplus store. Try Silvermans - but expect to be ripped off.
  3. -Pocket sized (a5 ish)
    -Secret magical stuff and weapons ranges
    -Ask your AI's or cdt tt
  4. Whats a "fully-fitted" TAM? Just found one on www.campkit.co.uk and I was just wondering whether it would be against the law/restricted if it was an older version?

Also the waterproof paper for TAMs, can you print things off the computer onto it?
  5. Are you sure that's the correct link?

I got a page of links to various furniture stores.
  6. Can't answer the question about "fully-fitted" as there is a basic fill, then there are special-to-arm additional pages. What there is in campshop may just be a folder with blank pages.

With regard to printing on them, the same thought came to my mind. I've got an EPSON printer (which uses waterproof ink) so I may give it a try one day. If your printer ink isn't waterproof, then the answer is almost certainly "no."