TalkTalk

Does anyone use TalkTalk for internet or telephone and is finding the service absolute shite? When it's not down its painfully bloody slow and makes our previous provider (SKY) look positively great!!

Talk Talk have always had a shite reputation, but then life's what you make it

If you want cheap, Plusnet would be more reliable being BT's cutprice offering

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Not on TalkTalk but i'm aware it's been shit for about a week - have you tried powering off your router for 30 mins or more? it needs to be that long so the line doesn't drop the rate because it thinks the sync speed is too high ;-)

Sumo

Clanker
Never have since the dial up days and they were average then. Never heard a good report from any family, friends, or workmates about them. Had a row with one of their sales muppets who knocked on my door one evening about 10 years ago who wouldn't take no for an answer.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
To be fair, we were on TalkTalk for two years, never dropped connection, speed varied 'a bit', not by much though, never had any ID theft issues and the transfer to BT went smoothly.

Not on TalkTalk but i'm aware it's been shit for about a week - have you tried powering off your router for 30 mins or more? it needs to be that long so the line doesn't drop the rate because it thinks the sync speed is too high ;-)
Yes I reboot it every day just before I go to bed

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes I reboot it every day just before I go to bed
That's not the same as a power-off, the modem will still be active & connected, a power-off (for>30 mins) forces a reset of the street cab if vDSL or the exchange equipment if aDSL

just as an aside.also have tt but very stable.the only annoying thing is that my router will not stay on the channel i select for it ( via the talktalk tools ), anyone suggest a remedy ? thnks in advance.excuse typing, arm in sling.

Been on talk talk for 4 years now in rural devon, never had a problem that lasted for more than 10 mins or so and consistently get the 30meg they promised.

NSP

LE
That's not the same as a power-off, the modem will still be active & connected, a power-off (for>30 mins) forces a reset of the street cab if vDSL or the exchange equipment if aDSL
How about a power down for a whole month...?

I always liked Talk Talk.

RIP Mark

just as an aside.also have tt but very stable.the only annoying thing is that my router will not stay on the channel i select for it ( via the talktalk tools ), anyone suggest a remedy ? thnks in advance.excuse typing, arm in sling.
Don't worry about your typing, worry about coming from Wem!

Been on TT a couple of years but only grim in the last couple of weeks. Might improve once the lockdown is over and TT and Openreach can sort out the system. :cool:

TamH70

MIA
Been on TT a couple of years but only grim in the last couple of weeks. Might improve once the lockdown is over and TT and Openreach can sort out the system. :cool:
I had a hiccup with my Vodafone broadband, one which necessitated a couple of visits as the first Openreach engineer couldn't get into the cabinet where the kit was, but the second one actually phoned me off his own back to arrange an earlier appointment. Mibbies it's worth giving Openreach a call direct, as I wouldn't rely on TalkTalk's customer service to tell me what colour the sky is.

I used to install Sky Q systems.
Sky and BT broadband were always OK, we ALWAYS had connection issues with Talk Talk. Don't know why, but every time we asked a customer who their broadband provider was and they said Talk Talk we knew we would have connection issues.

BopBopBop

War Hero
Does anyone use TalkTalk for internet or telephone and is finding the service absolute shite? When it's not down its painfully bloody slow and makes our previous provider (SKY) look positively great!!
I've had TalkTalk and as long as nothing goes wrong it was a good deal.

Did have a lost wireless connection from the router and had to call a few times where they just did a remote test and said everything was fine.

Still had the router wifi turning its self off and eventually they sent an TT engineer, with the threat the visit was chargeable if no fault found.

After testing he said the router was fine but as he was packing his kit it dropped wifi again. (Thank f for that).

Got a new router and everything was fine.

At the end of the TT contract went to BT.

(Isn't the whole network on the outside of your house BT? Shouldn't make a difference what provider you are with unless cable?)

As long as you are in contract everything provided by BT is guaranteed including their router, no time limits.

(I don't work for BT).

Dr Death

War Hero
Talk Talk offered minimum speeds which we never got.
We used the speed promise to leave, when they argued we told them to get it faster or we could leave.
They sent an engineer out 3 days in a row & finally they admitted the speeds would never be reached.

We are now Sky Fibre Optic and all is good.

I've been with TalkTalk for the last 6 years, never had any sort of problem. Less than £24 a month, speed test just now.

talktalk.jpg

vinniethemanxcat

On ROPS
On ROPs
Complete and utter tossers.

Went down for weeks and eventually got a computer buff to ring them...... 1 hour later talking to a series of cnuts reading from scripts in Bombay or whatever, jacked them in and went BT, no issues since.

Latest Threads