TalkTalk announces free broadband for armed forces

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by spike7451, Jun 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Just saw this on the MSE Armed Forces board.
    Opinions chaps?

2. Talk Talk broadband is crap, wouldn't like to guess how often my connection drops. But some days I get no broadband at all, My average speed is 1.2meg on a good day. As soon as Virgin put the fibreoptic cabling in (Due November) Talk talk can kiss my arrse.

Nice gesture from them though. Why only a limited period?
  3. To annoy whining miserable c*nts like you.
  4. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

What Mr Schmid failed to mention:

A brief overview of the T&Cs, note the Cancellation Policy:

Full details & Fine Print:

Personally I wouldn't touch then with a barge pole.

I've already binned them once, and they took ages to issue a MAC, way beyond OFCOMS recommended guidelines.

Regrettably, due to current circumstances, I'm using them again at a new location and they are still utterly pants! Poor speeds, non-existent customer service and generally awful.

For further reading and for better suggestions look here: (used to be ADSLguide)
  5. Old |New York saying - "There's no such thing as a free lunch"
  6. Tiscali/Talk Talk are dire. Stay away.

7. As a Civvy I'm not eligible for the offer, I just think its a cheap publicity stunt. They'll make the offer for x amount of time but forever after claim "We're the forces friend".
    So someone serving now can get it, Say Private Rufus-T-Fucknuckle but Private Bloggs serving can't because he only joined after you.
    But you will be both be serving? Very fair of TalkTalk.

As to being a "c*unt" I'll assume you mean "Cunt"?
    If so not guilty I'm afraid, a cunt looks better, smells nicer and even Jarrod wouldn't want to lick me. (The part about Jarrod is probably wrong).

Right enough typing to an idiot with nothing constructive to add and thinks every forum is the NAAFI, I'm off to the beach.

P.S. Rufus T Fucknuckle do you forces discount on your Deckchairs.