Talk about good shooting!

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Bugsy, Jun 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fake indeed, I have seen no one able to shoot a shotgun with one hand.

2. Maybe. Except the clay targets at the Olympics are launched by someone else, are further away, and are flying a damn sight faster. If you're up at Bisley some time, go and have a look at the Olympic Trap / Olympic Skeet ranges up on the left-hand side of Century range; there's a spectator area.

Not knocking the fact that he's an incredible shot.... but then, so are the guys at the Olympics.

3. Well you have now! Flanigans an exhibition shooter, they do this stuff for a living, and go through hundreds of thousands of rounds a year.
    You'll probably never see anyone fire six shots from a revolver in 5/8 of a second, but it can be done.

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I can and do shoot slug from my 12 bore Ithaca 37 single handed, pumping it is a problem but the bigger you are the more recoil you can absorb, I have seen body builders tame magnums from sheer strength!

5. Well, you started all this "fake" malarkey, but you've yet to come up with any grounds for it!
    Or is it because you're just envious of his undoubted abilities? :D :D :D

MsG

6. pile of bollox... and erm... using a shotgun?

try it with a single round then you impress me... shotguns spray shot so not exactly hard to hit a target.

7. no choke in the barrel, not much powder in the shells, hardly any distance, easy peasy lemon squeezie, might as well be using one of those handy EMPs they have in the Matrix

8. Easy with practice, an easy sliding pump action shotgun,

( that one is prob custom made, for that purpose ).

No way I could do it, but it is nothing out of the ordinary.

9. Erm, have you ever tried skeet shooting?

But OK! If that doesn't impress you, how about this?

24 July 1999, Jerry Miculek set world records with Smith and Wesson revolvers:

8 shots on one target in 1.00 seconds
    8 shots on four targets (2 per target) in 1.06 seconds
    6 shots, reload and 6 shots on one target in 2.99 seconds

Then Patrick Flanigan's stunts come more into perspective, don't you think? :D

MsG

10. They should send Mr Miculek to Iraq, or he should get out more, but I am more impressed than I was with the shotgun guy

11. Flanigan wants to try shooting a convenience store clerk, whilst high on crystal meth with adrenaline squirting around his veins.

Now that's difficult to achieve, especially a head shot from 5 yards with your arms loaded down with Twinkie bars, Coors and cinnamon gum :D

12. He's hitting about a dozen targets with a dozen different shots even when the targets are only a few inches apart. Therefore the scatter effect must be minimal.

It impressed me a teeny bit anyway.

13. http://www.tonyrogers.com/video/JERRYMICULEKRECORD.wmv