Talk about an all time classic answer!

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Trip_Wire, Aug 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

A friend sent me this in an e-mail. I really doubt that the Sheriff really said this, especially to the media; however, I sure got a laugh out of what he was supposed to have said.

Please keep in mind this is a real incident and I will post a website at the bottom of this post, where one can read the details of this terrible execution and shootings of police officers.:

"As reported earlier this week, some dirt bag who got pulled over in a routine traffic stop in Florida ended up "executing" the deputy who stopped him. The deputy was shot eight times,including once behind his right ear at close range. Another deputy was wounded and a police dog killed.

A statewide manhunt ensued. The low-life was found hiding in a wooded area with his gun. SWAT team officers fired and hit the guy 68 times.

(Note: Actually according to the article, they fired 101 time with 68 hits.)

Now here's the kicker:

Naturally, the media asked why they shot him 68 times. Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd, told the Orlando Sentinel -

"That's all the bullets we had."

2. Isn't that exactly the same thing that the SAS chap said when asked why he shot the Irish lad in Gibraltar so many times, back in the 1980s?

3. And in both cases entirely appropriate.
    Saves unloading.
  4. Handing back live rounds only causes the ammo storeman extra work bringing it back onto the books. Empty cases - so much easier!
  5. This weapon is clear...
  6. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

Thank you, I needed the relief....... :D 8O
  7. I read about an American police officer giving evidence at a trial:-

Defence Lawyer: "Officer -- did you see my client fleeing the scene?"

Police Officer: "No sir. But I subsequently observed a person matching the description of the offender, running several block s away."

DL: "Officer -- who provided this description?"

PO: "The officer who responded to the scene."

DL: "A fellow officer provided the description of this so-called offender. Do you trust your fellow officers?"

PO: "Yes, sir. With my life."

DL: "With your life? Let me ask you this then officer. Do you have a room where you change your clothes in preparation for your daily duties?"

PO: "Yes sir, we do!"

DL: "And do you have a locker in the room?"

PO: "Yes sir, I do."

DL: "And do you have a lock on your locker?"

PO: "Yes sir."

DL: "Now why is it, officer, if you trust your fellow officers with your life, you find it necessary to lock your locker in a room you share with these same officers?"

PO: "You see, sir -- we share the building with the court complex, and sometimes lawyers have been known to walk through that room."
  8. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

I got word back from the one who sent this to me that the Sheriff actually did say just that! :wink:
  9. Trip,

Good on the Sheriff - It needs a man with guts to stand ground against the soft soaped, suited and booted bunch of do-gooders.
  10. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Another one:

Fla. Shootings Worsen Year for Police
    By MITCH STACY (Associated Press Writer)
    From Associated Press
    August 15, 2007 5:59 PM EDT

BRANDON, Fla. - A sheriff's deputy killed Wednesday was the third law enforcement officer shot in Florida in 10 days, worsening a year that has been the deadliest in decades for the nation's police.

Hillsborough County, FL sheriff's Sgt. Ron Harrison was shot in his car early Wednesday, shortly after leaving a drunken-driving checkpoint he was manning in this community east of Tampa.

The suspected shooter barricaded himself in a house nearby and was fatally shot later by SWAT team officers.

Link to article:

This site will give one an overview.:
  11. Not quite, he claimed to have had a stoppage to roars of laughter from the gallery:)
  12. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

The SAS quote was a Private Eye cover.

Link here

Private Eye
  13. The other classic. Many years ago somewhere in South Armagh, a team had been in a bit of a firefight. After the battle, the sitrep was sent back to BBK. It went something like this;

M10C: Contact at Gr123456, engaged 3 x terrorists, 120 rnds 7.62 expended, 2 dead terrorists, 1x wounded terrorist, request agencies at ICP....

M0: Roger that M10A, confirm casualties

M10A: 3 dead terrorists.....

14. IIRC it was a qoute from one of the lads in the Iranian Embassy siege during the inquest, almost exact wording. It was in "Soldier I" I believe

Edited to add: The "I ran out of rounds" line I'm talking about