Taliban v Warthog

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by vvaannmmaann, Aug 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I thought Warthog was the A10 USAF tank buster, Talib don't like that either.
  2. That's the Fairchild Republic A-10 'Thunderbolt'. 'Warthog' or 'Hog' is its nickname.
  3. How could it be "on time" and "ahead of schedule" and then "delayed by several months"?
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Hedging their bets obviously.
  5. So lets have an end user opinion on the thing, please.
  6. MOD-DCB
  7. So is it actually any good?
  8. Bloody good question. MoD seem to think so, but can we trust their views any more?
  9. Maybe as it is made in Singapore or am i thinking of another tracked vehicle
  10. No, tis the very same.
  11. New to defence procurement terminology?
  12. Is it just me or are the MOD authorised press stories these days getting more and more like that bit in Full Metal Jacket where the OC of the newspaper's telling everyone the only stories he's interested in are grunts giving half their pay to buy gooks toothpaste and bodycounts?

We've got the best soldiers in the world, we've got the best kit in the world, we've got more than enough of everything. So why haven't we won yet?
  13. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

AWWWW the BAE thing didnt work then?

how come something off the shelf was delayed, were we dicking about with it as usual seeing if the solent plastic boat company or dyson could build them here at three times the cost?

so thats fres sorted out now then we can stop wasting money, how many of these could we have bought for the half a billion we have wasted so far? :)
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Looks like a huge shopping trolly, I guess the soldiers replace the quid.