Taliban Shoot 14 Y.O. Girl Rights Campaigner

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by JoeCivvie, Oct 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. fu2

fu2 LE

Only a few politicians acted shocked. The bit in the Quoran that says it`s ok to shoot 14 year old girls comes after the bit that says it`s ok to pour acid on schoolgirls. This isn`t the first act of violence against females and unfortunatly it will not be the last.
  2. Nothing to see, move along, just another routine day in Pakistan.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Orla Guerin forgets to blame the Jews or link it to the "plight of the Palestinians" - she's slipping
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Must have been a CIA sniping drone.

Has Imran Khan issued a statement yet? Has his convoy diverted to show support and solidarity and to highlight this unwarranted intrusion into Pakistan's internal affairs?
  5. Where were her parents? The horror!
  6. Was watching "creationist" conspiracy road trip last night, there was a big guy with an ulster accent on it who seemed just about right for forming his own version of the Taliban (perhaps he could call it the billyban), and start offing evolutionists and gays. Religion can really **** some people up.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Imram is on the naughty step so far as TTP and Nawaz are concerned. Tribal leaders presented him with a turban and forgetting he was not at a tennis match he threw it into the crowd at the end of his speech. So he is now the Great Satan.

Is this shooting worse than a Government minister offering reward for murder on US soil? Dunno. I find my interest in the country below the regional strategic / nuke level diminishes with each new 'episode' of this nature.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Impressive young lady. Started campaigning at the age of 11.

Ironic that most of us would have campaigned to avoid school when we were her age, not to go there ;-)
    • Like Like x 3
  9. CanteenCowboy

CanteenCowboy LE Book Reviewer

And the main point to take away from this is it's the Swat Valley, where the elite of Pakistan used to take skiing holidays and only about a 100 miles from Islamabad. In 2007 when it first fell to the TB, there was minor concerns among ISAF that Pakistan was in danger of falling to the TB.
  10. Yeah, he really did 'exude silent menace' as your man said. Was really disappointed to see that there was British people who still harbour such beliefs.
  11. CanteenCowboy

CanteenCowboy LE Book Reviewer

Remeber he's from Ulster, a lot like Britian a 100 years ago!!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  12. fixed.
    • Like Like x 5
  13. Once again the brave boys of the Taliban show their mettle by attacking a defenseless girl.

I never used to bother if people wished to believe in invisible friends or sky pixies but I am now more inclined to view the religion of peace as a cancer which will need drastic treatment at some point.

However, before the apologists start to make the usual excuses along the lines of "the majority of muslims are peaceful and do not support the beardy, shouty ones etc etc", I think it is about time this muslim "silent majority" actually stood up to be counted and did something about the problem before the beardy bigots brings a world of trouble down on their heads.

• Like Like x 3
  14. When we moved from 'Wee Ulster' (AKA Clydeside) to England it was like a breath of fresh air to get away from the early 17th century mindset. "Whit school dae you go tae?"
    In Cambs, my wife didn't even know she had RC kids in her class until the priest came along to take them off for a bit of extra curricular.