Taliban release video of capture US soldier

Have the bas tards taken his IPOD?

The Head Chaplain is right isn't he. Lots to admire about the Taleban.......

Lets hope that the lad gets home soon.

eodmatt said:
All joking aside, I remember an American commentator calling the Royal Marines who were captured 'w@nkers' and opinioning that 'US servicemen would rather have their teeth kicked down their throats than co-operate with the enemy' (or words to that effect). Given what this bloke has said on the video (if it is indeed him), then I trust that that gobsh1te and others like him will eat their words....

wedge35 said:
All joking aside, I remember an American commentator calling the Royal Marines who were captured 'w@nkers' and opinioning that 'US servicemen would rather have their teeth kicked down their throats than co-operate with the enemy' (or words to that effect). Given what this bloke has said on the video (if it is indeed him), then I trust that that gobsh1te and others like him will eat their words....
Although our Marines have a habit of surrendering.

Fallschirmjager said:
wedge35 said:
The word habit indicates a repetitive behavioural pattern, perhaps you would care to elaborate on this "habit"?

It's a habit similar of that where Paras banter about Marines.

And I would say that had something to do with it.

wedge35 said:
eodmatt said:
I remember that as well, but the guy was USMC and he was talking about his Marines, and they hate the US Army more than I've ever seen different branches of the same nations armed forces ever hate each other.

So I doubt he'd change his mind, although his version of the average Jarhead doesn't really stand up to reality.

The commentator was called Ralph Peters. When this poor guy was captured he stated that the Taliban should just kill him.

Nice man.

Yokel said:
The commentator was called Ralph Peters. When this poor guy was captured he stated that the Taliban should just kill him.

Nice man.

That wasn't the guy I was thinking of, the article I read was from a serving USMC officer saying that his marines would rather die than get captured, I can't find the article though.

mark1234 said:
Yokel said:

Nice man.
That wasn't the guy I was thinking of, the article I read was from a serving USMC officer saying that his marines would rather die than get captured, I can't find the article though.
Depends who's doing the capturing really. Iran aren't likely to pull your fingernails under the world's spotlight - but the Taliban are capable of far, far worse. Any sane person would put a bullet in their own skull before being captured.

wedge35 said:
eodmatt said:
He used W@ANKERS? funny not an American term. There is though something very odd about this incident. He left the Base sans Weapon, Body Armor, Helmet, Webbing and took a gerber tool and 3 bottles of water with him. He wasn't captured on Patrol.

Ralph Peters?

Is it the same one that wrote that sh1te book about the Rooskies winning WWIII?

Fallschirmjager said:
wedge35 said:
and your so perfect .. mr birdshit

DeltaDog said:
mark1234 said:
Yokel said:

Nice man.
Depends who's doing the capturing really. Iran aren't likely to pull your fingernails under the world's spotlight - but the Taliban are capable of far, far worse. Any sane person would put a bullet in their own skull before being captured.
Well, I've never claimed to be sane, but I wouldn't , to me that is too much like giving up, and just as much of a moral boost to the Taliban as capturing a soldier (it could be spun as ISAF soldier too cowardly to face the Taliban).

People have been rescued or negotiated free before *, and I rather suspect that most people who like to think they would blow out their brains would have a change of heart when faced with the reality of actually doing it.

* Im well aware that no-one in ISAF to my knowledge has been freed by the Taliban, but there was Norman Kember and the 2 SRR soldiers in Iraq that were rescued.

Brassneck said:
Fallschirmjager said:
wedge35 said:
Obviously more than you considering I can spell and have a grasp of grammar you fucking remf cock. My two lads are also joining up unlike your two queer cunts your fat slag of a wife produced. Are they yours?

Fallschirmjager said:
Brassneck said:
Fallschirmjager said:
wedge35 said:
Obviously more than you considering I can spell and have a grasp of grammar you fucking remf cock. My two lads are also joining up unlike your two queer cunts your fat slag of a wife produced. Are they yours?
Mate, there's banter and there's just being a c0ck, who cares what capbadge you are on a forum inhabited by wannabe's and walts anyway?

And yes I am a STAB.

Mucker, when blokes slag me I will retaliate. Simple really. The bellend isn't even a Marine! He's ex RLC. I was having a joke as Paras and Marines usually do. This bellend was not.