Taliban leader sliced and diced.

Fake Sheikh

Old-Salt
Hope his luck runs out & his trip to martyrdom means they get 70 virgin males.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
A hellfire with the warhead replaced by...swords?
US Army used 'Flechette' canister rounds in Vietnam 50* years ago -delivery mechanism has changed a bit.

* (fúckme...I have a distinct memory of watching on the 6 o'clock News Martin Bell reporting from Saigon....where did the time go?)

Last edited:

Oyibo

LE
AGM 119R9X is so sterile a name though.
Its impersonal, and missing a trick I think.

The Arabs and Persians are quite renowned for their descriptive style of speech, song , poetry etc. and would appreciate something a bit more imaginative.

'Hellfire' is pretty good, but its actually a different weapon.
Something like 'Sword of Democracy ' or ' 'Satans Sickle' would have far more impact.
Given the region, perhaps 'Pork Sword'?

Tool

LE
US Army used 'Flechette' canister rounds in Vietnam 50* years ago -delivery mechanism has changed a bit.
* (fúckme...I have a distinct memory of watching on the 6 o'clock News Martin Bell reporting from Saigon....where did the time go?)
Flechettes have been used almost since explosives were invented, some launched through (for instance) 88mm guns elevated to almost gound level.

Well, if it's got your name on it...

...must be quite worrying for people with the surnames Richardson, Sheffield, Solingen and Sabatier.

Flechettes have been used almost since explosives were invented, some launched through (for instance) 88mm guns elevated to almost gound level.
WW1 saw the refinement especially when dropped from aircraft onto troops below

Yokel

LE
Not sure why my post received a disagree - the West does try to avoid civilian casualties unlike others - how many laser guided bombs did Russia use in Syria? Yet social media blames the West for all the civilian deaths.

I wonder if the same effect could have been achieved by replacing the Hellfire's warhead (I do not know the size) with something inert, in a similar way the RAF used 1000 lb bombs (with precision guidance systems) in Iraq in 2003?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Not sure why my post received a disagree - the West does try to avoid civilian casualties unlike others - how many laser guided bombs did Russia use in Syria? Yet social media blames the West for all the civilian deaths.

I wonder if the same effect could have been achieved by replacing the Hellfire's warhead (I do not know the size) with something inert, in a similar way the RAF used 1000 lb bombs (with precision guidance systems) in Iraq in 2003?
Precision guided missiles designed for minimal collateral damage used by the US or barrel bombs in Syria, it's not hard to see which is worse

Precision guided missiles designed for minimal collateral damage used by the US or barrel bombs in Syria, it's not hard to see which is worse
Of course the barrel bomb will only kill the guilty, whereas the pgm will only hit children's schools, hospitals, oaps and baby fur seals ,you blinkered imperialist!

Will there be a pork filled variant?
Make for an interesting martyrs debrief.

So reason for martyrdom?

Well I was just cruising around and I remember looking up and seeing 6 windmilling pork swords coming at me and then it was all a bit of a blur.

Err right. Take a seat over in the deviants section and we'll call you when we have a decision.

Will there be a pork filled variant?
I'd like to think the blades got a pork fat rub down before the UAV took off. Just to make sure they extended properly and for absolutely no other reason at all. Nosireebob.

Latest Threads