• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Taliban insurgents admit they carried out the attack

Hi guys

I quote the sentence "Taliban insurgents admit they carried out the attack" from this news article. Across many similar articles about many similar incidents I see many similar sentences where Taliban are said to admit responsibility. Why dont we simply trace the Taliban's messages, deal with with them, and end the war?

Thanks

Hi guys

I quote the sentence "Taliban insurgents admit they carried out the attack" from this news article. Across many similar articles about many similar incidents I see many similar sentences where Taliban are said to admit responsibility. Why dont we simply trace the Taliban's messages, deal with with them, and end the war?

Thanks
A) Because it's not a war, it's an asymmetric conflict.
B) Because killing the spokesmen won't stop anything.
C) Because the situation will only be resolved through dialogue.
D) If you're going to quote this in your paper, I'm Kev Hughes. Anyone who remembers me from the AAC, PM me.

Shit - Yeah, cheers for that We'll be sure to do that in future!

SO far its only worked once though, when OBL sent out his VHS video press release in a jiffy postal bag with his business card inside, what a numpty, we'll have to hope for the same fortunate errors in the future!

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
A) Because it's not a war, it's an asymmetric conflict.
B) Because killing the spokesmen won't stop anything.
C) Because the situation will only be resolved through dialogue.
D) If you're going to quote this in your paper, I'm Kev Hughes. Anyone who remembers me from the AAC, PM me.

kev hughes walt. **I'm** the real kev hughes.

K thx everyone. I guess Ive just reiterated a big part of army policy.
If you are a genuine recruit make sure you ask your training staff as many questions as you can. They'll respect you for having an inquiring mind and you'll be on the fast track to promotion. This works best with staff who wear a crown on their lower right sleeve and carry a stick a lot.

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
If someone in Pakistan sends a message, there is feck all that can be done. And that's where their PR/comms machine is, along with HQ, QMs, Trg Depots, etc.

If you are a genuine recruit make sure you ask your training staff as many questions as you can. They'll respect you for having an inquiring mind and you'll be on the fast track to promotion. This works best with staff who wear a crown on their lower right sleeve and carry a stick a lot.
Poor drills: you forgot to tell him those training staff respond best when addressed as, "Mate" or "Pal". And forget standing at attention - just grab him and give him a hug!:twisted:

Latest Threads