• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Taliban execute a woman for "adultery"!

Proof, if any more is needed, that Britain should withdraw troops immediately!

Taliban thugs execute woman in public for 'adultery' near Kabul - NYPOST.com

This is happening a few miles from Kabul and earlier this week a 30-year-old woman and two of her children were beheaded in eastern Afghanistan by a man police said was her divorced husband, the latest of a string of so-called "honour killings".
What is the point of trying to civilise these stoneage savages, losing hundreds of men killed & thousands more wounded & maimed when the Taliban will just take over again in two years despite all of the politicians waffle & billions of pounds & dollars pissed down the drain!!

P

PrinceAlbert

Proof, if any more is needed, that Britain should withdraw troops immediately!
Why would "pulling out" help in any way? Surely leaving now would just help the Taliban crack on with their wicked ways?

You've not thought this through have you.

Why would "pulling out" help in any way? Surely leaving now would just help the Taliban crack on with their wicked ways?

You've not thought this through have you.
Er.... yes actually, how many MORE of our troops are you happy to see killed & maimed over there whilst we wait for the morons in charge to waffle on. Most journalists in the region & the Taliban themselves have stated that as soon as Western troops withdraw they, the Taliban, will take over AGAIN!

P

PrinceAlbert

Most journalists in the region & the Taliban themselves have stated that as soon as Western troops withdraw they, the Taliban, will take over AGAIN!
Of course they will. The Afghan people don't care for their politicians. The country is run from Familly out as it were. Loyalty to the family, then the town, then the district, then perhaps the government.

Most afghans are so far removed from Kabul that they don't care. The Taliban are local, so can influence more than gov' policy.

Of course they will. The Afghan people don't care for their politicians. The country is run from Familly out as it were. Loyalty to the family, then the town, then the district, then perhaps the government.

Most afghans are so far removed from Kabul that they don't care. The Taliban are local, so can influence more than gov' policy.
Precisely, thats why I question the sanity of continuing to leave our troops there to be killed & maimed for another 2 years!!

Sadly, this type of summary "justice" is carried out daily in shitholes around the world. Intervention by the West will never stop it. The individuals who carry it out and the baying (male) crowds who are always in attendance live by rules which are totally alien to societies which have evolved. It has been happening for Centuries and the only difference now is that it is brought to our attention through 24 hour media outlets. Inventing time travel would be simpler than trying to alter this type of mindset. Politicians (and bleeding liberals) please take note!

That video is vile and disgusting. I felt physically sick watching it. Have they never even heard of the marksmanship principles?
I am more upset by the decline in standards of The NY Post.
The Taliban could not be reached for comment.
That just strikes me as lazy. It's not like you can just sit in downtown Manhattan sipping a starbucks, reading their twitter channel and call it a scoop.

Go get dusty and get some stories!

P

PrinceAlbert

Precisely, thats why I question the sanity of continuing to leave our troops there to be killed & maimed for another 2 years!!
Unfortunately, you bleating on about "remove the troops now!" on a website won't make a difference either.

However, war keeps me in a job.

Appalling. But not "a few miles from Kabul".
quote from article "A man Afghan officials say is a member of the Taliban shot dead a woman accused of adultery in front of a crowd near Kabul, a video obtained by Reuters showed, a sign that the austere Islamist group dictates law even near the Afghan capital"

Sadly, this type of summary "justice" is carried out daily in shitholes around the world. Intervention by the West will never stop it. The individuals who carry it out and the baying (male) crowds who are always in attendance live by rules which are totally alien to societies which have evolved. It has been happening for Centuries and the only difference now is that it is brought to our attention through 24 hour media outlets. Inventing time travel would be simpler than trying to alter this type of mindset. Politicians (and bleeding liberals) please take note!
And that's just Leicester

quote from article "A man Afghan officials say is a member of the Taliban shot dead a woman accused of adultery in front of a crowd near Kabul, a video obtained by Reuters showed, a sign that the austere Islamist group dictates law even near the Afghan capital"

I saw that too. On the scale of that vast country I agree it is not very far from Kabul, but I wonder if "a few miles/kilometres" possibly gives the wrong impression. Different district and province (but nevertheless a province which was supposed to be more stable, and I think includes Bagram airbase). I think I saw it described somewhere as an hour's drive from Kabul.

This is the way of Islam....the religion of peace.
Can we please not say that.

Extremist groups wish every one to adopt their vision of Islam. This includes "Zina", or unlawful sexual intercourse.

It requires 4 witnesses to the act.

Four witnesses to the act of unlawful sexual intercourse.

And the woman can call four witnesses to refute the evidence!

Surat An-Nur - The Noble Qur'an - القرآن الكريم

Funny isn't it how the extremists and the radicals never actually read their own book is it?

Only the bit that suits them.

I am outraged at the constant desire of so many in the 'west' to impose their vaunted Judeo-Christian morality on ancient cultures which merely seek to preserve their rich heritage and express their values through the celebration of ancient traditions such as honour killings, female circumcision, etc. Cultural imperialism of the worse kind.

P.S. For some reason the Guardian refuses to print my letters on this subject.

Latest Threads