Taliban execute a woman for "adultery"!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by ex_colonial, Jul 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Proof, if any more is needed, that Britain should withdraw troops immediately!

Taliban thugs execute woman in public for 'adultery' near Kabul - NYPOST.com

This is happening a few miles from Kabul and earlier this week a 30-year-old woman and two of her children were beheaded in eastern Afghanistan by a man police said was her divorced husband, the latest of a string of so-called "honour killings".
    What is the point of trying to civilise these stoneage savages, losing hundreds of men killed & thousands more wounded & maimed when the Taliban will just take over again in two years despite all of the politicians waffle & billions of pounds & dollars pissed down the drain!!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Why would "pulling out" help in any way? Surely leaving now would just help the Taliban crack on with their wicked ways?

You've not thought this through have you.

• Like Like x 5
  3. How he missed with his first round, at a range of 3 feet is beyond me.

4. Er.... yes actually, how many MORE of our troops are you happy to see killed & maimed over there whilst we wait for the morons in charge to waffle on. Most journalists in the region & the Taliban themselves have stated that as soon as Western troops withdraw they, the Taliban, will take over AGAIN!

• Like Like x 1
  5. That video is vile and disgusting. I felt physically sick watching it. Have they never even heard of the marksmanship principles?

• Like Like x 9
  6. Of course they will. The Afghan people don't care for their politicians. The country is run from Familly out as it were. Loyalty to the family, then the town, then the district, then perhaps the government.

Most afghans are so far removed from Kabul that they don't care. The Taliban are local, so can influence more than gov' policy.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Precisely, thats why I question the sanity of continuing to leave our troops there to be killed & maimed for another 2 years!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sadly, this type of summary "justice" is carried out daily in shitholes around the world. Intervention by the West will never stop it. The individuals who carry it out and the baying (male) crowds who are always in attendance live by rules which are totally alien to societies which have evolved. It has been happening for Centuries and the only difference now is that it is brought to our attention through 24 hour media outlets. Inventing time travel would be simpler than trying to alter this type of mindset. Politicians (and bleeding liberals) please take note!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Appalling. But not "a few miles from Kabul".

10. I am more upset by the decline in standards of The NY Post.
    That just strikes me as lazy. It's not like you can just sit in downtown Manhattan sipping a starbucks, reading their twitter channel and call it a scoop.

Go get dusty and get some stories!

• Like Like x 4
  11. Unfortunately, you bleating on about "remove the troops now!" on a website won't make a difference either.

However, war keeps me in a job.

• Like Like x 1
  12. quote from article "A man Afghan officials say is a member of the Taliban shot dead a woman accused of adultery in front of a crowd near Kabul, a video obtained by Reuters showed, a sign that the austere Islamist group dictates law even near the Afghan capital"

13. This is the way of Islam....the religion of peace.

14. And shoddy marksmanship.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Very, they should shoot the **** for bad shooting.