Taliban congratulates Dutch on withdrawal

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by pp0470, Aug 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Quite civil really
  2. Whoopie-doo, the Taliban make the most out of a PR opportunity...

3. Those funamentalists have always been a whacky and zany group, they'll say anything!.
  4. Punting the line that it's an Afghan nationalist struggle against invaders rather than an Islamist struggle to spread the faith.

Well, nobody ever said they didn't have a competent PSYOPS cell.
  5. With about 40 months left for this mission, and approx. 20 countries in the coalition I guess that we can expect a few more 'farewell, so long, it's time to say goodby-ee' statements from the Taliban.

Then we get to watch a bloody civil war. Or any optomists here want to argue a different out come when we finally run away, opps, I mean tactically withdraw.
  6. "…To the strains of We Gotta Get Out Of This Place by The Animals, Radio Uruzgan ceased broadcasting and the Dutch flag was lowered in a low-key ceremony shunned by politicians and senior military staff at Camp Holland in the central Afghan province.…"

From the Times
  7. It's true !!!! The last song on Dutch Army Radio really was 'We Gotta Get Out Of This Place' by The Animals !!!!

Does chuckling about this for days make me simple, because I think I will be.

What will Radio Taliban be playing as we depart? Gloria Gaynor, 'I will survive' maybe?
  8. msr

msr LE

I remember the FOO Fighters' Dead on Arrival being very popular on BFBS at the the of TELIC6 (Nov 05), along with a whole raft of requests for Christmas classics :)

9. Given their stance on Freddie's lifestyle, I think Queen's We are the Champions.
  10. Did they make a presentation?
  11. I think they let them leave with both legs in tact, not something those left can be sure of taking home with them.

(pp touches wood for luck) (off to xhamster.com till I can get my hand off this wood)
  12. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Political manoeuvring, nothing to do with the military, but you're clever enough to know that surely?
  13. doesn't surprise me. the dutch motorised company did the same thing in Santici, Bosnia in 1995.