Taliban at "Stalemate" - Says Miliband

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by vvaannmmaann, Mar 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. He is such a pr*ck

2. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

3. And how would the boy Milliband know?

4. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

The guy is an idiot of the first order. It shows what a bunch of second raters this lot are that they think that one of the three great offices of state are worthy in this losers hands. I would prefer a telly tubby over the current incumbent. How far we've sunk....

5. My feelings on Milliband and his abilities are easy to find with a search.

What an utter, total, immature, out of his depth tube this man is.

Dear Mr. Milliband, please, please please STFU and go and talk to people that know what the hell they're talking about.

6. I am terrified they'll move Hutton from Defence to FCO to give us some credibility again.

7. I'll add my post to the ARRSE consensus.

Deluded fool.

8. He showed what a cretin he was over Georgia. It's been downhill since. FFS stick Straw back in the slot.

9. Yesterday on R4 Today programme, I am sure I heard him describe the Taliban as a counter-insurgency force. John Humphreys couldn't even be bothered to correct him he was spouting so much other twaddle.

Inference did seem to be that the Afghan army and police were being built up rapidly. Stand by for an announcement that we will soon send more troops as a mentoring force.

10. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

It's no wonder that that sniffer dog bit him on his last trip out to Afghanistan - they're trained to detect a wrong 'un :)

11. I forgot about that, what happened in the end to the poor little mite? Did his handler give him lots of treats?

Re Taliban....... Counter Insurgency?

Are we the Insurgents?

From a certain perspective I suppose we are, does this mean one of our MPs have gone Native?

12. No, it means he's an idiot, who remembers words but does not understand them, and who is quite unaware of his own limitations.

13. Hope the dog is ok now.

14. So far as I can tell, though, there is one. We can't beat them conclusively in any military sense and they get a severe spanking every time the try to take us on, yet neither side is about to give up any time soon. What's missing from this is any sensible plan to change the situation - almost certainly because he doesn't have one.

For the Foreign Secretary to say this in public shows an unbelievable lack of judgement IMO. The fact that he's making Jack Straw look good is as damning a criticism of him as I can think of.